Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default install v7 via ut upgrade page?

i was going to upgrade to the v7 that was released, but i do not see it in 'upgrade' from the web interface when it checks. do i have to download and burn the iso? and if so why is upgrade not available from the interface.

thanks!

dave
    Last edited by lab601; 10-01-2009 at 05:25 PM.

Untangler

I am wondering the same thing as well.

Master Untangler

It is missing by design. They release the 7.0 upgrade in groups. You just have to sit back and wait and over the next few weeks you will get it. You cannot use the ISO to upgrade your box without doing a new install.

thanks for the info, it's good i didnt blow over my installation with the iso.

maybe there should be something in the release notes or on the download page about this.

dave

Untangler

Be glad you didn't get 7.0 automatically. The KuGoo protocol signature is hosed and stops your SMTP mail. Hopefully, it will be fixed before you get your 7.0 download......

Quote Originally Posted by eolson1001 View Post
    Be glad you didn't get 7.0 automatically. The KuGoo protocol signature is hosed and stops your SMTP mail. Hopefully, it will be fixed before you get your 7.0 download......
    it won't do anything unless you turned it on to block.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

I think it's about time we started building a best practices section of the wiki. I hadn't considered the negative aspects of the protocol control module until relatively recently. And this bug would have bit me in the face had the forums not lit up before I upgraded.

Of course, I always expect this place to light up first and don't roll new versions to be clients for at least a week. But I'm thinking a list of "dos" and "don'ts" would be helpful.

Stuff like, AV and Spam modules are really heavy and you need to triple check your system requirements.
    Software network interfaces can be bad
    Ram is good
    Firewall module works after NAT
    Packet Filter is fun and dangerous
    No you can't have more racks for free
    No the AV module doesn't replace desktop AV
    The default outgoing no rack policy for SMTP is there for a reason
    The default outgoing no rack policy tends to make firewalling off SMTP not work.
    OpenVPN doesn't support IPSec or PPTP
    Most of RAP is broken and buggy
    The spam module can't quarantine messages while scanning IMAP or POP3
    No we can't make the spam module quarantine messages while scanning IMAP or POP3
    Always backup your configuration before making interface changes.
    SSH is a great tool, but customization of Untangle is to be done at your own risk.

I'm sure there are more... But it's late, and I'm at 2% battery on my laptop!
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Default Upgrade from 7.0 rc1

I have installed the 7.0 rc1 i will receive also the patch for upgrade my installation?

Yeah, I'm anxious to see the new 7.0 too, but turned off the automatic installation because of some of the SMTP stuff I've been seeing. My current version has been running so well I am almost afraid to touch it!

Quote Originally Posted by pgmunzi View Post
    I have installed the 7.0 rc1 i will receive also the patch for upgrade my installation?
    the rc1 was the final version

but even if it hadn't of been you would have already been updated.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast