Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

yes, i'm talking about clicking on the 'terminal' button and running these.

you can also email support and they can help you if you have live support.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

ucli instances result "Unable to make the request: (Invalid username or password) I am logged in as root.
    apache restart accomplished with "*:80 has no virtual hosts"

Thanks again

Untangler

Also, still the same as far as running client.

Untangler

I built a new UT 7.0 box and restored with a 6.2 BU i had made and ended up with the same result "Internal Server Error". Will build again with out restoring and setup all from scratch.

Brand new 7 install here, just finished adding in rules and such manually from another box, rebooted the server via the reboot command, and now it says "service unavailable" on trying to access the GUI either through the browser or directly on the server.

i did a 2nd reboot and it all seemed to work now.

Untangler

dmorris,
    while I rebuild this new box I will take a moment to tell you what I have seen from my end. I have three UT boxes.
    The one in the office where I am I cannot open the client or connect via the intranet. I do not have external admin enabled.
    One box I cannot connect to via the intranet(OpenVPN) but can connect through external admin.
    The other box I can connect to via intranet and via external admin.

The latter two boxes are identical builds (home) and the one here is a different home build. They are all configured similarly for there respective subnets.

The box I built and updated that failed is a Dell Demension 3000. It seemed fine until the restore.
    I have no idea if this helps you understand what might be going on, but in case it does.
    Thanks. I think this is a great product despite the trouble I am having at present.
    jtmiles

Untangler

I can't reboot my box here until after 5. Will certainly try it 2, 3 4 times before I start reconfiguring this new box.

Default For what I'ts worth...

My old box had not yet upgraded from 6.2 to 7 so I turned upgrade off before it did for fear of this happening to it but another box I recently installed for a client upgraded to 7 without a hitch before I had a chance to turn off the upgrade (working gui from my remote location as well as vpn and all). The client's box was Installed about a month ago with a fresh 6.2 install whereas my box has been upgrading from about 4.x or 5.x cant remember. If I restore the config from my upgraded 6.2 box to a fresh 7 install, the gui is gone from localhost iceweasel and remote firefox or IE8 login from other machines. It tells me the server will restart so expect interruptions to login when the config file is restored so I have several questions:

1. Is it ok to restore a 6.2 config to a 7 fresh install?
    2. If 1.=ok then how long should applying the restored settings process be expected to take? and will the box reboot on it's own when needed?

No it is NOT ok to restore 6.2 to 7.

The reports section of the DB is very different. The version of postgres running everything is different...

You can't take a pre 7.0 restore and expect it to work. You MIGHT get it to work if your 6.2 was a fresh 6.2 and running the new version of postgres already... but that's about it.

Install the version you have a backup for and upgrade.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Quote Originally Posted by juank View Post
    I am having the same issue but it wasn't an auto-upgrade. I did a fresh install and then restores a configuration file from 6.1 in 7.0.
    Previous version configurations files are not recommend on newer version boxes, especially when schema changes occurs.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast