Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Try to reload a fresh install of 6.2 disable the /etc/apt/source.list.d top line by commenting it out with "#". Install trial packages for what you had running. Restore your backup try to match the backup version to the installed version. Go back into the above folder location and edit the untangle.list file again removing the comment "#" character. Close your webui and launch it again. Try to upgrade to 7.0.

Worked on my test rigs well enough. Wondering if the break in the webui is related to machine with an original build date beyond 6.0. Our office box was such a box and broke after upgrade a clients site was 6.0 and jumped straight to 7.0 before last week but web ui worked fine.

Untangler

My boxes were full install 6.2 and two of three had this problem. Performed a restart on the one in this office today and - VOILA - it is alive! so it looks like I'm good at this point. Will keep checking to see any problems.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Try to reload a fresh install of 6.2 disable the /etc/apt/source.list.d top line by commenting it out with "#". Install trial packages for what you had running. Restore your backup try to match the backup version to the installed version. Go back into the above folder location and edit the untangle.list file again removing the comment "#" character. Close your webui and launch it again. Try to upgrade to 7.0.

Aggrrr @!

Did a 6.2 fresh install
    commented sources.list
    No way to install trial packages (of course, it doesn't know where the sources are! )

Any ideas?
    --------------------------------
    Juan Machado

Ooops... I commented both lines ... let me go back and try just the top line ... I will report back .
    Juan Machado

Lightbulb $.02 More

Would be great to have a generic (applies to all versions) export settings option for things such as openvpn settings and the like. Something that would allow you to password protected file export the encryption keys and settings for apps such as OpenVPN and generic config options such as ips/dns/interfaces/dhcp settings etc so that in the event of a major upgrade failure like this one seems to be causing, redistribution of vpn client configs and other connection/encryption details is unneeded. I have 15 or so vpn clients to resend / reconfig resulting from a fresh re-install/reconfig and I feel for the ones with many more. All in all I bow to the untangle crew for a superb product and wish them all much deserved success.

Untanglit

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    no idea whats going on here.

I wouldn't reboot during the upgrade - if you rebooted during the upgrade its probably a mess and easiest to reinstall. If you can't reach the UI after pressing the button its because the upgrade is in progress and the server isn't running. A reboot during this time is very bad.

run "ucli instances"
    try restarting apache "/etc/init.d/apache restart"
    Hi dmorris.
    As reported by someone else running ucli instances results in:
    Unable to make the request: (Invalid username or password)
    This is the same for annother command found in the forums:
    ucli isReportingEnabled

Untanglit

So I tried:

apt-get clean
    apt-get autoclean
    /etc/init.d/untangle-vm restart

>Exception in /var/log/uvm/console.log (but it says nothing)

apt-get remove --purge untangle-libitem-professional-package

apt-get update
    W: Conflicting distribution: http://updates.untangle.com stable Release (expected stable but got dart)

shutdown -r now

apt-get update
    W: Conflicting distribution: http://updates.untangle.com stable Release (expected stable but got dart)

Everything in /etc/apt/sources.list is commented out.
    What should be in there ?

Master Untangler

Hi kmlan,
    The line about Conflicting distribution, is harmless. The contents of my /etc/apt/sources.list file is also commented out. the real info is in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/untangle.list

It should have two lines. one ending in
    ":untangle@updates.untangle.com/public/lenny stable main premium uptream" and
    ":untangle@updates.untangle.com/public/lenny mclaren main premium upstream"

If you have added anything else, comment it out with a # at the beginning

The "Upgrade" button should be green in the GUI if an upgrade is available.
    Last edited by Bumblebee; 10-07-2009 at 08:19 PM. Reason: add more info.

Untangler

Default Did you interupt or reboot after it finished the updates?

Once it's finished updating to v7 and then pops up a window saying that "service is unavailable' on the gui 'Please wait a moment'....If you don't let the server finish off this configuration (approx 3-5mins) and interupt or reboot then we've seen issues as discussed.
    So upgrade then chill-out/grab a cup of Cha then when you come back refresh the browser and you should be able to see the gui.
    This is what we did and all is good. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by kirkcaine View Post
    Once it's finished updating to v7 and then pops up a window saying that "service is unavailable' on the gui 'Please wait a moment'....If you don't let the server finish off this configuration (approx 3-5mins) and interupt or reboot then we've seen issues as discussed.
    So upgrade then chill-out/grab a cup of Cha then when you come back refresh the browser and you should be able to see the gui.
    This is what we did and all is good. Cheers
    this is correct. when you get 'service unavailable' thats when the upgrade is happening.
    if you reboot during this time its hosed.

you can try to fix it by running 'dpkg --configure -a' and 'apt-get -f install' if you rebooted during this time.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast