Untangler

Default i got entangled with Untangle

Hi all,

Newbie here.

I was using pfsense and decided to switch to Untangle. I have 50 clients running behind a dual core 2.2gh with 4 gb ram and 80 gb raid 0 drive.

It installed fine and was running all day pretty good. I was very happy all day and was thinking of purchasing the super bundle (I will still do)

This is one the best stuff I have come across. Anyways, there is a small glitch on my side and it gave me nightmares. last night before going to sleep, I have switched on Reports Module and when I got up in the morning. I had a good extensive report.

I discovered that my untangle box was not passing anything and everything was zero (I do not know what time, it must have freezed) I rebooted it and then after a min, I went to check my reports and then i decided to do a logmein on of my systems and realized that they were still off. I rebooted again and then went back to my reports. Same thing.

So this time, I shut off Reports and OpenVPN and saw the zero's on other modules disappearing.

I am scared to turn on the reports again. I cannot afford to loose internet as it is important to us.

Any suggestions.

I had a similar issue to yours caused by poor quality NICS. After I changed to Intel Pro/1000 PT 2-Port Gigabit PCI-E Network Adapters Untangle worked the way I wanted it too.

Bottom line from my Untangle experience is that Untangle is very picky insofar as hardware is concerned [RAM, Motherboard, Controlers, NICS, etc] so your much better off running untangle on a box containing superior quality components.

Untangler

Default hi

hi again,

I have a broadcom extreme II card. Anyways, after a few more test, I am realizing that it is the OpenVPN modules that is causing the problem. The moment I turn it on, everything shuts down.

I am watching my reports right now and have a logmein session on to my servers behind the firewall.

I have OpenVPN turned off.

mdh

Check your address ranges. Client side, server side and VPN must all be different. If VPN matches either of the other two, bad things happen.

Ditto what mdh said, most of the time this means you have your address pool configured with the same IP range as your internal segment, or you have a site to site tunnel setup to another network with the same IP range.

You can't do that...
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by mdh View Post
    Check your address ranges. Client side, server side and VPN must all be different. If VPN matches either of the other two, bad things happen.
    I think that was issue, than for untangling me. Was worried for a while. I am already enjoying this great software.