Default 7.1 upgrade does not show up

I have version 7.0.1 and when I go to the upgrade page there is no upgrade.

Anyone know why it does not show up ?

Thanks

Because your box isn't eligible for upgrade yet.

Each Untangle installation has a GUID associated with it. That GUID is used to control licensing of the commercial modules. This same control can be used by untangle to prevent or allow access to the "current" repository, or in an upgrades case choose what repository current redirects to.

In order to protect the web farm from over saturation, when a new version of Untangle is released only a certain number of GUIDs are authorized for access to the new version. Untangle will unlock more and more GUIDs every day until the upgrade is fully rolled out.

Otherwise their web server, these forums, and a few other things tend to fall flat on their face because of every Untangle server in the world trying to pull upgrades all at once.

If you need the current version right now, contact support and they will get you in the current list. Otherwise, use the 7.1 downloadable ISO and reinstall your box.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Thanks sky-knight

I did not know that this is the way untangle does the upgrade. I am not in a hurry I just thought something was wrong, good to know.

Untanglit

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    Because your box isn't eligible for upgrade yet.

Each Untangle installation has a GUID associated with it. That GUID is used to control licensing of the commercial modules. This same control can be used by untangle to prevent or allow access to the "current" repository, or in an upgrades case choose what repository current redirects to.

In order to protect the web farm from over saturation, when a new version of Untangle is released only a certain number of GUIDs are authorized for access to the new version. Untangle will unlock more and more GUIDs every day until the upgrade is fully rolled out.

Otherwise their web server, these forums, and a few other things tend to fall flat on their face because of every Untangle server in the world trying to pull upgrades all at once.

If you need the current version right now, contact support and they will get you in the current list. Otherwise, use the 7.1 downloadable ISO and reinstall your box.
    So they don't want people to saturate a server through Untangle itself but there is absolutely no restriction on anyone going to the website and downloading the image unrestricted? I guess I don't follow the logic here... ;p

Quote Originally Posted by jeff[0] View Post
    So they don't want people to saturate a server through Untangle itself but there is absolutely no restriction on anyone going to the website and downloading the image unrestricted? I guess I don't follow the logic here... ;p
    Really? Do you think it reasonable that our entire user base would try to download the ISO at the same time?

Because that's what happens during an upgrade.
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

Quote Originally Posted by rene View Post
    I have version 7.0.1 and when I go to the upgrade page there is no upgrade.

Anyone know why it does not show up ?

Thanks
    It should be available to you by now.. Let us know if it's not.
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

Untanglit

Quote Originally Posted by mrunkel View Post
    Really? Do you think it reasonable that our entire user base would try to download the ISO at the same time?

Because that's what happens during an upgrade.
    So the web users can download the new .iso all they want but the actual users get restricted?

I could go download the 7.1 iso on like 50 machines right now if I wanted to, based on your setup, but I can't upgrade.

Anyways, I'm not trying to cause trouble, I'll drop it, it doesn't matter you guys obviously have put more thought into this... just didn't understand it initially.

The upgrades started before the .iso (final) was put online to download (from what I have seen). I installed a machine yesterday, put v7.0.1 on it, as soon as I went to add any packages it told me that there was a new version available, and it did the upgrade immediately.

From my experience (since early v5.x), upgrades get started before you can download the final version of the iso from UT's website, so I think you are barking to make noise....