Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Wow.

I came back from my vacation & realized that my problem spurred quite a little conversation about a rather common problem.

It's just great to know that in the Untangle community there's information and support as well as a little tongue-in-cheek humor concerning such issues.

Now, I, too, will hopefully always check such obvious causes first.

You all rock.

Few things I have noticed and why this occurs. When installing the Untangle for the first time and going through the install wizard, people will configure it as a bridge. Since the NICs are unmarked, after completing the install wizard, the cables are reversed. Sometimes (< 10%), the NICs get reversed when you finish the wizard. That is why people get this error. They were certain when they have installed it correctly, after the install wizard has finished saving, it was flipped.

One way to fix this. After going through the install wizard, login to the Untangle. Config, networking, and go into the advanced mode. Unplug one of the cables and see which one is grayed out.
    to be understood, you must first understand. :)
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself. If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Also, after an upgrade or return to the factory default could cause the NICs to get flipped.
    to be understood, you must first understand. :)
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself. If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Ok, I've followed all the threads I could find regarding the "unformatted block page" and I cannot resolve mine. I have UT setup in bridge mode. We have an integrated 100mb nic (eth1) and a PCI 1000mb nic (eth0).

We hooked the 1000mb nic (eth0) physically to the Switch, and the 100mb nic (eth1) to the LAN port of the Sonicwall.

In my network config, The External Static WAN is assigned to eth1:connected at 100Mb/s. The Internal Bridge is assigned eth0: connected at 1000Mb/s.

I have verified this by removing the physical cable and watching the corresponding nic go dim in the config display.

Everything works fine, except I get the unformatted (white) block screen instead of the silver one.

Is there another possible cause for this?

Harley,

All I can offer as a suggestion is what I was offered and worked for me. Physically switch the interfaces at the back of your Untagle box. As soon as I swapped the network cables, all was well.

AC

Quote Originally Posted by harley77 View Post
    Ok, I've followed all the threads I could find regarding the "unformatted block page" and I cannot resolve mine. I have UT setup in bridge mode. We have an integrated 100mb nic (eth1) and a PCI 1000mb nic (eth0).

We hooked the 1000mb nic (eth0) physically to the Switch, and the 100mb nic (eth1) to the LAN port of the Sonicwall.

In my network config, The External Static WAN is assigned to eth1:connected at 100Mb/s. The Internal Bridge is assigned eth0: connected at 1000Mb/s.

I have verified this by removing the physical cable and watching the corresponding nic go dim in the config display.

Everything works fine, except I get the unformatted (white) block screen instead of the silver one.

Is there another possible cause for this?
    What modules are installed?
    you can browse internet from Untangle?
    ICMP (ping) test?
    Where are your dns resolver?
    you can access to sonicwall config page?

A diagram with ip address can help us to help you

Quote Originally Posted by dwasserman View Post
    What modules are installed?
    you can browse internet from Untangle?
    ICMP (ping) test?
    Where are your dns resolver?
    you can access to sonicwall config page?

A diagram with ip address can help us to help you
    Modules:
    Phish Blocker
    Spyware Blocker
    Web Filter
    Virus Filter
    Protocol Control
    Adblocker

Can I browse the Web from untangle? Yes

ICMP Ping test: I can ping both internal and external addresses.

DNS Resolvers: 8.8.8.8 and 205.210.42.205

Can I access the sonicwall config page?: Yes

Network Diagram:

Internet(WAN) --> Sonicwall --> Untangle --> Switch

Sonicwall has IP 192.168.100.1
    Untangle has IP 192.168.100.82 (assigned to the Static Nic)

Every conceivable test I can do has passed with flying colors, but the block screen remains white.

ok
    disable all app, and test
    if work fine, enable one by one until repeat the error, and then we can concentrate in the module config.
    And what is "unformatted block page"? can you post a print screen here?

Dwasserman,

I think what Harley is referring to as an "unformatted block page" is the black text on a white back ground - lacking CSS style and images. See my original attachments at the beginning of this thread.

AC

Quote Originally Posted by dwasserman View Post
    ok
    disable all app, and test
    if work fine, enable one by one until repeat the error, and then we can concentrate in the module config.
    And what is "unformatted block page"? can you post a print screen here?
    I have turned off all modules except webfilter and it still did it. Same thing for Anti-Virus.

I've attached screen shots of both modules putting up the same unformatted white page.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast