Default Undefined Video Mode 314

Install was going great for my (7.1) but it didn't recognize my second NIC so I had to shut it down during the install. I swapped in another NIC and restarted and now I'm getting an error with video. I've completely reinstalled and always get the same thing.

During boot (of install or after) I get an error that says "Undefined Video Mode Number 314". I get an option to skip (Space), or choose a video mode. Ok, can someone honestly tell my why 80x25 would be needed? Anyway, there is a 1024x768x8 option even though my on-board can provide higher. I choose that or any of the800x600 and I get garbage or text only.

I have tried 2 different monitors (LCDs) and still get the same issue. I'm about to go buy a CRT somewhere but that seems nuts. 17 & 19inch LCDs are the most common monitors in use in the world now. Why aren't they recognized or supported? (1440x900).

Any options to get past this? I had an old DELL server or Compaq DL380 (P4) that I can possibly use but can't get the Compaq to recognize the 2nd NIC).

Master Untangler

I don't believe that you mentioned what video hardware you had but the problem may be the video "card" and not the monitor. If you have onboard video with limited RAM (e.g. 1MB) you might look at this thread. This was for a Dell Optiplex GX270 but may apply to your hardware.
    http://forums.untangle.com/hardware/...lex-gx270.html

The solution was to upgrade to the latest BIOS and increase the video RAM allocation to 8MB.
    Last edited by itcinc; 01-05-2010 at 07:33 AM. Reason: clarification

use the expert install mode, that lets you pick a video mode.
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

Thanks guys. Somehow I have it running on the Dell now. Just slow but it's an old machine. I was just using this to test it out. It was on-board.