Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

The purpose of this thread is only to put a list o troubleshot commands and tricks for rapid acces in an emergency in a client or something, the rest is noise annoying that dificult the purpose.
    I am anti all type of censorship but .....
    Please moderator(s) clean these noise , include this post

SMR

Hence my suggestion for a wiki page. I'm not great enough with commands or I'd do it myself. Then again, maybe I can give all these a go, practice with all of them and if I figure things out smoothly and no one has created the wiki page yet, maybe I could... I don't know, guess I've never tried to create an Untangle Wiki page so if you need special rights then I guess I'm screwed.
    Sam Reeves
    Disclaimer: I know nothing.. There, that should satisfy any doubt you had!
    "on the outside, I was an honest man, straight as an arrow. I had to come to prison to be a crook." - Shawshank Redemption (1994 film - Andy Dufresne)

mdh

SMR,

I would check with dmorris first on this, as he is the official keeper of the wiki and is prone to making style/layout changes at times. You want your efforts to stay rather than be dumped if a style change takes place. If he gives you the go-ahead (and possibly suggests an ideal location for it), you need to create a login before you can add anything. As far as wizardry goes, here's an editing cheat sheet for wikis...

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Contents

If you have any HTML skills, you can make things prettier. I have supplemented the wiki styles with HTML styles when I thought the basics were fugly, but if you make it TOO stylish, its prone to be hosed by the next person who tries to update it.

No need to check with anyone, it's a wiki..

The glory of a wiki is that you can just make a page with a bunch of text and others will make it pretty!
    m.

Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.

It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look here if you want my advice on how to draw one.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

mdh

Quote Originally Posted by mrunkel View Post
    ... and others will make it pretty!
    You, sir, are an optimist.

SMR

Haha.. well good news, I do know a thing or two about html and stuff surrounding it.. ;-) Probably one of the few things I can call myself an actual expert at, (even if my "prettyness" isn't as good as others!)

I'll take a look at it and if time allots, might get to work on it. I really think having a single page, as mentioned, would be much nicer. :-) Thanks for the information!
    Sam Reeves
    "on the outside, I was an honest man, straight as an arrow. I had to come to prison to be a crook." - Shawshank Redemption (1994 film - Andy Dufresne)

mdh

SMR,

I don't want to tell you how to do this, since you're volunteering BUT...

I have usually found that listing things like this get you less questions in the long run if you do it kinda like:
    WHAT: Tool
    WHY: Purpose
    HOW: Arguments, or maybe a link to a man page or a vendor page.

Good luck!

SMR

Don't sweat it. Any bit of help I can get is definitely welcomed. With that advice I'll make it as brain-dead simple to read as possible.

Thanks! :-)
    Sam Reeves

If your untangle is booting to a console prompt and you have already setup a console password, then login as root and simply type su - kiosk and it will load the GUI.
    www.nexgenappliances.com
    Toll Free: 866-794-8879
    UNTANGLE STAR PARTNER
    Follow us at spiceworks!

Master Untangler

Great tips guys, thanks.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast