Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by goodDay14 View Post
    I'd like to find out more about the ucli commands available. It seems to be useful, but I can't find any documentation on it.
    Commands on the terminal or ssh are not supported are are at your own risk so are not documented.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

I'd like to find out more about the ucli commands available. It seems to be useful, but I can't find any documentation on it.

Untangler

If you have support click the "?Help" button to the lower right of this page. Using the cli will void your support. Might be available during the trial too?

If you are a home user this is your support. Just ask and someone will probably try to help. Generic trouble shooting is documented all over the internet just search. Even some on these forums.

Good luck

Over the years, Untangle has improved such that even I don't need the command line anymore. The only time I'm in there is to use top and other system level tools to get statistics on hardware performance and system health. These things are Debian Linux, and anyone familiar with that family of operating systems can easily handle all that safely on their own. There's no need for more documentation here on that topic.

The ucli command is still there... but again you shouldn't need it. There are some niche circumstances where command line work is required to get things sorted out. But those are more the exception than the rule, and becoming even more exceptional by the day. This thread goes all the way back to 2010, and I shudder to think how much incorrect information must be here.

If you're proficient with Debian Linux, and you want to play under the hood. Knock yourself out, it's open source for a reason. But also, all of that is unsupported for a reason. So if you muck around in there and have strange problems, we're just going to tell you to nuke your box and start over. Because it's the only way to get the install back into a known good configuration.
    Last edited by sky-knight; 03-14-2022 at 09:59 AM.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345