Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

That's a function of your mail server. Unfortunately I don't know how to manage your mail server. If you can't adjust the mailserver settings, you will need to set the reports to not attach csv's to your emails.
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

Default STILL can't get the test email to work.

I've used gmail, yahoo, company server and STILL no luck with the test email. HELP!!!!

to be understood, you must first understand. :)
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself. If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untanglit

I am having an email problem also. I can't get the test email to work. I tried using the defaults. I then tried using several email addresses along with their SMTP settings, but I still can't the test email to work. I was using in 7.1, so I updated to 7.2 and it still doesn't work. I have researched the manual and looked for online videos for help.... still can't get it to work. I also need help with this. Would love some direction. Thanks.

Untanglit

Anny update from the admin would be cool, still the same problem after 7.2 update.

Wondering what you need to do here to get help from the developer, Pay...

Maybe this forum should have a bounty tread so some problem would be solved more rapidly.

Untangle Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by running View Post
    Well, yes, ................... in fact, they have paid support..........

Maybe this forum should have a bounty tread so some problem would be solved more rapidly.
    That would be interesting but there are quite a few knowledgeable folks on here willing to help for nothing........... if you show some effort on your part.

There are threads on this forum, with email errors, these threads have things you can try, you could even try a telnet command from your shell to test mail connectivity to your chosen smtp server, all this and more from the power of the search button.

But you should be specific in telling what you've actually done, you should make it easy for people volunteering their assistance for you.

Or......... there's always paid support.

Master Untangler

I second what fasttech has to say.
    Try the telnet test to see if the smtp server you are trying to use is listening.
    Try this from a command prompt. telnet smtp.someserver.com 25
    If you get some response, you are on the right track. If you get....Could not open a connection on port 25 : Connection failed, you need to check your settings.

Quote Originally Posted by running View Post
    Anny update from the admin would be cool, still the same problem after 7.2 update.

Your wish is granted: http://store.untangle.com/index.php/...port-conf.html
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

Untanglit

, not exactly good for the community. if i pay to get my problem solved how exactly does it benefit the Untangle community???

Having a bounty, is a way to get the developer solve a problem for the community and not only for a single person.

I am a long time PFsence user and loved the idea of Untangle, eaven wanted to resell. The problem is the business model, everything is there but it is more geared toward paying that sharing it is fine but, knowing it and understanding it is important.

Your response is exactly going in that direction.

Have a good day!

In reviewing this thread I am not seeing where any further information has been given to try to assist. Simply putting "still not working in 7.2" is not saying what your issue is, or what has been tried/failed.

Myself and a lot of others on the forums have been successful in getting the reports to work with internal exchange (or other mail servers), as well as gmail and a host of other external providers.

If someone wants to post more information on what has been tried and the setup..etc I am sure the forum will rally to solve the issues. Keep in mind the more details you post the more accurate the responses can be, otherwise the community is just throwing darts at the board with patches on our eyes, as we try to imagine how WE would have a setup.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast