Untanglit

Default Access button bar using keyboard

So I'm sitting at the untangle screen with the logo and the words "Use the button bar below to launch the Untangle Client". But I don't have a working mouse.

Does anybody know what the keyboard commans are to "Launch Client"?

Thats a joke?
    And when you are in the gui , what are you doing without a mouse?

mdh

Its a common complaint, and in my mind, a legitimate one. When I had to give my mouse to an office mate that managed to kill hers, I was still using Windows more effectively with a keyboard than she was with a mouse. There should be keyboard shortcuts for that screen, and it has been entered into Bugzilla.

Mdh:
    I cant imagine you change the network configuration with a keyboard for example :-)
    I never try it, but the TAB key change betwen fields in the gui?

mdh

No, you are very correct there on both counts. Having keyboard shortcuts on the main screen is an omission (in my mind). When you get into the GUI itself, you really need a mouse.

Untanglit

LOL, it's not a joke. The scenario I'm facing is an install in hyper-v. The linux integration components aren't installed so there's no mouse support.

After install, the wizard opens I can enter in my details. As long as the details for the interface test successfully, from the local hyper-v machine I can open the IP address in a browser and enable external access. Now I have access from my desktop to the web gui over my vpn. Without enabling external access, the web gui won't load over my vpn.

But if you connect to the guest and try to access the buttons on the bottom bar, you can't. At least I can't no matter what I tried, lol.