Untangler

Default How can I manually partition my drive upon installation?

When the installation process gets to the partitioning of the drive, I do not have a "manually partition" option. Does anyone know how I can do this manually or invoke the option?

Thanks

Untangler

I think when it first starts you can type "linux advanced". It has been quite a while since I have done it. But there are usually options like rescue and a few others. One of the F keys usually shows them.

Don

When the untangle CD boots, one of the options is Expert install. You can choose that. However, be forewarned that the debian installer is not for the fainthearted.

My next question is why?
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

I'll try that again, I did choose that but didn't get that option but maybe I missed a step or something.

The reason is that I'm trying to install this on a Mac Mini and I need to follow a certain procedure in order to get it to boot. I can provide more details if needed.

Any if you ask why a Mac Mini? Because I have it here laying around not being used and need to replace my failed older PC. Plus I like the small form factor.

Untangler

OK glad to see I'm not the only one with this issue.

I'm trying to set one up to dual-boot for testing purposes. I don't want to wipe this PC to install Untangle, but when done testing I will get a new PC for the UT if we go that way.

SMR

If you're just testing, why not try and set it up via a virtual machine? I've had some good luck with VMware Player.

http://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/U...ance_on_VMware

If you do it this way, you don't have to worry about any risk to your main PC by manually partitioning the drive. That is just a can of worms if try to do that and if it can be avoided, my best advice is that it should.
    Sam Reeves
    Disclaimer: I know nothing.. There, that should satisfy any doubt you had!
    "on the outside, I was an honest man, straight as an arrow. I had to come to prison to be a crook." - Shawshank Redemption (1994 film - Andy Dufresne)