Thread: Roadrunner isp

Default Roadrunner isp

I have a cable modem and roadrunner is my isp I canít get untangle to acquire an ip address the server is working as I have plugged it into my router and it will acquire an ip address please help
    Roger

you have to unplug your modem and then plug it back in, that worked for me,

and then at the dame time i would also power cycle untangle also to bring them up together

mdh

Adding to what adrian918 said, keep your modem disconnected for a few minutes so that any reference to the MAC address that was previously there is deleted from the cablemodem's cache.

Thanks guys that did the trick now to figure out how the get the wireless going

For making you wireless work, you got two options or one depending on how many NICs are in your Untangle box. Either isolate the wireless to its own interface. Or do like I do and just have the wireless hanging off of a switch in your network somewhere.
    ďMost good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program.Ē - Linus Torvalds

i am running DD-WRT v24 (05/16/08) std on my wireless router is there a way to have Untangle serve up the ip addresses i have played around with it but no luck