Untanglit

Question New 7.1 install requiring debian install CD?

I just downloaded, burnt and tried to install untangle on a Dell 2450 and after little while after re-partitioning, it asks for the debian media cd.

Has anyone seen this?

Any help would be great, looking to go pro as soon as I can get our firewall and vpn rules re-built.

Welcome to the forums. I would go with the basic setup and disable/uninstall things like RAID controllers or special disk controllers.
    to be understood, you must first understand. :)
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself. If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

On a Dell 2450, it probably wants a package for the broadcom on-board NIC. We're trying to slipstream that support into 7.2, but not sure if it will make it. http://bugzilla.untangle.com/show_bug.cgi?id=7175

You can place the files it's looking for on a usb key, insert the key, and then remove the key right before it starts checking the types and number of disks installed. Kinda a pain and it will require some practice, but it can be done.
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

Untanglit

I ended up just using another server instead. Thanks.