Default Two Untangles on one flat network.

I have two (2) Untangle boxes on our flat 192.168.1.x network.

Our primary Untangle Box #1 has been on our network for 2 years. The ISP for that box is a cable company.

I've tried to add a second Untangle box that uses Qwest DSL dedicated solely for forwarding traffic to a specific web server, but inbound DSL traffic doesn't *seem* to get past Untangle #2 box.

I can access the Administration page of Untangle Box #2 externally without issue. I can also ping internal IP addresses as well as external addresses such as google.com.

What might be the reason that traffic doesn't *seem* to get port-forwarded anywhere from Untangle #2? I suspect it's a gateway issue and that traffic is forwarding, but not coming back from our LAN and off into the outside world.

Sounds like a default gateway problem from the box on your lan, it receives the packets from box #2, but then replies through box #1.

Yup, you've created a routing problem for the local segment. All of your clients are using the other router, they can't use both. Well they can... but it takes some tweaking to the local routing tables.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

The solution is to put both ISP on one UT box using one WAN interface for each ISP.

Sure enough - it's turned out to be a gateway issue. I changed gateways on a target box and it worked.

If anyone else has this issue... check your gateway and be ready to do some funky stuff with the local routing tables.

Quote Originally Posted by MEDWISE View Post
    Sure enough - it's turned out to be a gateway issue. I changed gateways on a target box and it worked.

If anyone else has this issue... check your gateway and be ready to do some funky stuff with the local routing tables.
    be careful though as that box now uses the other ISP
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com