Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thank Apple for not liking Adobe... despite the fact that most people own macs to run Adobe software... go figure. I think Apple just doesn't like not owning Adobe.

Because no iDevices have flash, you can't stream with flash. The only stream method left is HTTP Resume. You need to install the AV Module, and go into it's advanced settings and remove the tickbox next to disable http resume.

This will make your network more vulnerable as the AV module can't scan partial files. However, it's the only way to get streaming on iDevices. The best solution would be a rack for the iDevices, and use reservations backed with policies to move those devices into the other rack.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

I think since i am a stickler for security, i will enable this feature and then when i would like to use it, i will just uncheck the box, and then when done i will check it back

Thank you for your help

here's an easy way around this problem, go to:

config-->networking-->bypass rules

create a new rule, add 'Source Address' (set this to your itouch's IP address, make sure it's already a static ip), then add 'Source Interface' and check the "external" checkbox.

Untangle should ignore all traffic to/from your itouch now, which means youtube should work just fine. cheers!

see the image below:

Last edited by Drewster727; 03-05-2010 at 08:46 PM.

Oh yes, because we all want unfiltered access for errant devices that don't know how to work with web standards...
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

noted

Unfortunately, this issue is going to become more mainstream as Adobe is also going to multiple HTTP streams for Flash Player 10.1. Most likely it is to keep a single code base with the player being developed for many mobile platforms, but now it will affect all desktop users as well.

If having HTTP resume enabled causes an issue for AV scanning, then the AV scanners need to learn how to do it because the genie is out of the bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    Thank Apple for not liking Adobe... despite the fact that most people own macs to run Adobe software... go figure. I think Apple just doesn't like not owning Adobe.

Because no iDevices have flash, you can't stream with flash. The only stream method left is HTTP Resume. You need to install the AV Module, and go into it's advanced settings and remove the tickbox next to disable http resume.

This will make your network more vulnerable as the AV module can't scan partial files. However, it's the only way to get streaming on iDevices. The best solution would be a rack for the iDevices, and use reservations backed with policies to move those devices into the other rack.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12