Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Untangle Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    I'm currently looking into upgrading jnettop. Another forum denizen pointed out a GUI that works on the current release of the thing. I'm curious what that GUI is, but it at first glance appears to be a client of sorts that doesn't need the overhead on the parent.

And I agree that life information is important. I also agree that SSH access to get the live data is a bit much... especially if you have users reading it.
    A gui for jnettop would be ver interesting indeed. If that would eliminate ntop then thats more resources gone on the box. hmm...

Lannie

Untangle Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by lschafroth View Post
    A gui for jnettop would be ver interesting indeed. If that would eliminate ntop then thats more resources gone on the box. hmm...

Lannie
    I couldnt get their gui demo to work on the PC or the MAC. Did you have any luck with it? I've only tried it on their site. Been swamped today, so I didnt play much.

Lannie

Untangle Ninja

I wonder if the freetypinggame site looks bad becuase it is flash, but it has to record every keystroke. It calculates how fast you are typing and you win games by the speed of the keystokes.

Lannie

That would generate an absolute crapton of sessions... Assuming of course they wrote it poorly and are trying to get every keystroke to the server. Logically, the flash program should run entirely in the browser and only report the results to the server.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untanglit

Guys I am just getting back to this. I had two sites go down this morning. I have them reboot the box and boom up and going. How can I prevent this. One is a 4 pc Lawywer office. Now maybe they are on facebook or some other game site but extremely unlikely. PC's are basically brand new so I am not sure they are riddled with spyware/virus. NOw that I have rebooted what can I look at?

Untangle Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by bhgewilson View Post
    Guys I am just getting back to this. I had two sites go down this morning. I have them reboot the box and boom up and going. How can I prevent this. One is a 4 pc Lawywer office. Now maybe they are on facebook or some other game site but extremely unlikely. PC's are basically brand new so I am not sure they are riddled with spyware/virus. NOw that I have rebooted what can I look at?
    Support awlays tells me the logs are cleared after a reboot there is nothing to go by. The downside is, we cant wait for support to ssh in look so it's a catch 22.

I reboot every two days. I have not done a cronjob to do this yet. I'm hoping the new 64bit hardware and 7.2 fixes my problems. I'm going to reconfigure all 6 racks from scratch too. There will be no old code or settings on the new machine.

Lannie

Quote Originally Posted by bhgewilson View Post
    Yeah, unfortunately you need to troubleshoot before things are reboot. By rebooting you lose all the state.

Start by figuring out what is down. TCP? DNS? ping? I can guarantee "the internet" isn't down. Just that info can tell a lot about where the failure is.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

mdh

Along with what Dirk says, do the following:

1. From a client behind Untangle, go to google.com in your browser. If you get there, internet is working.
    2. From a client behind Untangle, ping google.com. If it gets a timed response, DNS and internet are working.
    3. If #2 fails, ping 4.2.2.1. If you get a timed response, internet is working but DNS is failing.
    4. If #1 failed, go to google.com in your browser. If it works here but not in test #1, something in or behind Untangle is causing a problem.
    5. From the Untangle server, ping google.com. Your times should be very similar to #2 (if #2 worked). If its a lot faster, something in or behind Untangle is slowing you down. If you can't get there from here, you have DNS problems upstream.

Anytime it is "down" you need to define exactly what "down" means. These few steps will help.

Untanglit

OK guys here is what I did.

1. Google down.
    2. no ping to google.
    3. ping failed.
    4. did not work.
    5. ping failed.

I am able to get into the browser without a problem and surf around. I turned off all the aps in my rack. I setup a static IP on my laptop, plugged it into the external , setup a crossover cable and set the IP of the external one off, I tried a straight through cable.

I could not ping the external interface not matter what I did.

I ordered a new network card. When I plug it in do I have to load drivers or will they load just fine in the OS. I am not to much of an linux guru so I need a little help. Thanks,

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234