Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hey Rchew,

I never received the prompt for the missing firmware message during my installation. The installer just automatically goes to the "can't find a driver" stage. But I think it was referring to the Intel Pro card and not the Broadcom. Is it possible to load in this firmware AFTER the install has completed. I'm actually running Untangle on a Dell R210 rackmount server, maybe we have different (but related) hardware issues?

Untangle is detecting the Broadcom NIC but it doesn't want to get an IP from our network. Under interfaces, Untangle is showing a green light status for one of the three Broadcom 5709 interfaces. This makes me think that it has the ability to see the 5709 but likes the ability to drive the ethernet ports correctly.

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by ShockaZulu; 03-18-2010 at 01:31 PM.

Sorry, I can't help you with the differences between the two servers. When I set the T110 up, I manually specified a static IP address for the internal NIC during the start up process (I think it was ctrl-e). I only connected that port to the LAN and left the other 2 ports unattached while I did the initial install and the applications installation. I then configured both the external and internal as static addresses and tested it on-line. We don't have a separate test Internet connection. Rich

sbz
    Untangler

Default Help me fix my RAID Problems

I realize I'm kinda resurrecting this thread, but I have a question that relates:

Right now I'm running my untangle solution virtualized on top of windows because of my RAID controller (PERC S100) incompatibility on my T110. This is obviously NOT ideal and I want to fix this.

What I would like to do is simply by a new RAID controller for my T110 to bypass this problem completely.
    http://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/H...ID_Controllers
    I looked on the HCL in the wiki and it only lists 1 controller (by 3ware). I found is weird theres only 1 raid controller listed in the HCL. But regardless, I'm willing to buy this one specifically if you think its a decent solution for fixing these problems.

Please advise! Thanks!

sbz
    Untangler

Don't mean to be a pest, but I'm looking to do this ASAP I appreciate your help!

The perc5 and perc6 cards from Dell work well too.

Tip: In the future, if you want a faster response, don't hijack old threads. Start a new one. I typically don't look in 3 month old threads because it is usually not worthwhile.
    Last edited by mrunkel; 05-27-2010 at 07:37 AM.
    m.

Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.

It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look here if you want my advice on how to draw one.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

sbz
    Untangler

Good point. I just like to keep information as condensed as possible. So of these three cards were talking about, does it really matter? I'd probably just go with the cheapest.. in this case I really don't even care about using RAID. I just want it to work!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12