Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by lschafroth View Post
    Doesnt the script just notify the UT box what the username is and what IP they are using? It in no way does any kind of authentication.

We will require each and every person to login to get to the internet. Each company may do it differently. I agree they should be able to just read the agreement and click OK to get past. This at least records they agreed to the terms.

Lannie
    Yeah, the script doesn't need todo the authentication because it's using Active Directory. In other words this is considered "Single Sign On", IE what most in the industry consider standard.

For example, I don't have to logon to my Microsoft Outlook to read my email. It uses the Active Directory logon that I used to login to my workstation.

some people will want to continue to use the active directory login script
    some people will prefer captive portal

They are both methods for identifying users. Different companies have different requirements.

It would be nice to use one when the other authentication method fails though - I'm not sure how to do this yet, but it is a neat idea.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    some people will want to continue to use the active directory login script
    some people will prefer captive portal

They are both methods for identifying users. Different companies have different requirements.

It would be nice to use one when the other authentication method fails though - I'm not sure how to do this yet, but it is a neat idea.
    Exactly! Looking forward to that.

Master Untangler

On another note, I am trying to update a client right now that is on 7.01. I see that the 7.1.1 update is available for it, I click update, it downloads, says success, but is still at 7.01. I did this over and over. Waited over an hour and still 7.01.

I SSH in and run an "apt-get update" and it says:

conflicting distribution: http://updates.untangle.com stable release (expected stable but got galaxie-1)

Anything I can do to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by far182 View Post
    conflicting distribution: http://updates.untangle.com stable release (expected stable but got galaxie-1)

Anything I can do to fix this?
    Nothing to fix, that is not your error. The error will be further up in the log where it says "Forbidden."

It sounds like it is trying to download a package that the system is no longer authorized for.

Give support a call on Monday and we can straighten that out.
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

So 7.2 is in release now? The reason I ask is for a few reasons. I noticed the 7.2 is not in sourceforge yet or the UT site. Also I loaded the RC 1 and found some major bugs in it. One was related to the email config page. No browser can get to it without crashing and stating that a scripting error has occured. Secondly the port forward config is screwed up. If you select the box that says by default "Destined Local" and you turn it into "Destination Address" it does not allow you to enter an address, you flip it to something like "Destination Port" then flip it back to "Destination Address" it is fine. Also even in 7.1.1 I have not been able to sit at a remote computer on our network and install Ad Blocker. The page comes up but nothing is displayed. If I do it on the console it works fine. At all of my workstations I use Firefox, but I have also tested this with IE.

Every time I test these it was on a known good test box or my VMWare system. So hardware is most likely ruled out.

Any feedback would appreciated.
    “Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program.” - Linus Torvalds

Quote Originally Posted by Solignis View Post
    So 7.2 is in release now? The reason I ask is for a few reasons. I noticed the 7.2 is not in sourceforge yet or the UT site. Also I loaded the RC 1 and found some major bugs in it.
    Any feedback would appreciated.
    Upgrades are rolled out to most of the install base before the new ISO is uploaded.

Did you file any of those bugs at bugzilla.untangle.com?
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.

It is sad but I have no idea how to use bugzilla.
    “Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program.” - Linus Torvalds

Okay, I just upgraded to 7.1.1, so now I'll just wait for 7.2 to be available to our server. I'm excited to test out the AD Group functionality.
    Disclaimer: I may or may not have had enough coffee when I'm posting. Interpret my responses thusly.

Quote Originally Posted by Solignis View Post
    It is sad but I have no idea how to use bugzilla.
    Go to http://bugzilla.untangle.com

Click on

It is fast, it is easy, it is painless.
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast