Default Error then trying to view report: "reportTypeMap[this.reportType] is undefined"

Hello ppl

I've encountered a problem when trying to view my reports.

When clicking "View Reports" it just states:
    report TypeMap[this.report Type] is undefined
    (The button under Reports -> Sittings -> Status)
    When I click "OK" to the error massage it just loads endlessly.

I've tried reinstalling the service, but ending up with the same result.
    I doesn't matter whether i click "View Reports" locally or from an other PC.

I'm running Untangle 7.11
    It's allmost a band new installation, and i've had it running for a bit over 24h.
    I installed it 20 days before I set it up as a gateway. I've not yet generated any rapports yet.

I might add, that I'm an Untangle newbie. I'm trying to get it up and running as part of a school project, to restrict students from using the internet to play flash games while having class.

Here is a link to the error:
    http://i43.tinypic.com/11w6935.jpg
    (can't make it a real link due to forum restrictions)
    Last edited by Stampe; 03-13-2010 at 02:40 AM.

bump

bump

not sure what is going on here.

I'd wait for 7.2 and see if it fixes this - there are many report fixes in there.
    If not, we'd need to dig in more using firebug to see where this error is occurring.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

New Untangle user but I've been looking it over for the last several weeks. Took the plunge and installed and placed in bridge mode this week. Amazing how it all worked so very well thus far, except for this one issue. Reporting is one of the features that are essential for me and why I chose Untangle.

I'm having the exact same issue, same message.

I'm using 7.1, brand new installation.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Reports App as well. Tried restarting the Untangle box and I'm still getting the error message. I get it on IE, Firefox and the Untangle Console itself.

I also posted on another thread, with the same issue.

I'm willing to reinstall the Untangle altogether to see if that solves the problem but the install was so smooth, I'm not sure that will fix it so I'm picking your brains first.

Appreciate any response.

PS - If waiting for 7.2 is the answer, any idea of the timetable for that release? Will it be available in Beta perhaps?

what browser are you using? http or https? local or remote? are there any javascript errors in the console?
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

I'm using http. It doesn't matter whether it's local or remote. I get the same error.
    If there is a JavaScript error, then it isn't showing.

You mention something called "firebug". Is that a program or something on the server that I can use to identify the problem?

Thx for the help, dmorris!

Untangler

My problem was solved. I simply waited a day. I had just installed UT when I got that error. After waiting one day, the reports are working. That obviously won't help you Stampe, but simply waiting a day worked for me.