Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 7.2 Iso

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    Great info - thanks.

What is the exact issue you are having with these machines? They can't download updates? They keep powering off intermittently?

Have you accessed these machine's terminal? If so, what have you changed? Have you enabled ssh or installed any modifications?
    Can't download the updates. But I got the 7.2 Iso today and trying it. They have trouble with passing traffic. It will be running for awhile, then all of a sudden the machine will stop passing any traffic and I have to restart it.

I go to the terminal and setup the external nic as static, with ip for behind the firewall
    gateway 192..1
    dns 64.174.9.108 and 4.2.2.2

The other Nics are setup as bridges to the external

The only other thing I have messed with is Web Filter, Protocol (slightly), and Policy manager (setup an employees rack) added the web filter to it and restrictions in there.
    Policy manager has 2 Ips right now for testing, 192.168.168.xx, 192.168.168.xx . Times are all the time. Everything else is any. This is for the Employee rack.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevering View Post
    Can't download the updates. But I got the 7.2 Iso today and trying it. They have trouble with passing traffic. It will be running for awhile, then all of a sudden the machine will stop passing any traffic and I have to restart it.

I go to the terminal and setup the external nic as static, with ip for behind the firewall
    gateway 192..1
    dns 64.174.9.108 and 4.2.2.2

The other Nics are setup as bridges to the external

The only other thing I have messed with is Web Filter, Protocol (slightly), and Policy manager (setup an employees rack) added the web filter to it and restrictions in there.
    Policy manager has 2 Ips right now for testing, 192.168.168.xx, 192.168.168.xx . Times are all the time. Everything else is any. This is for the Employee rack.
    Lets do one issue at a time. Which one do you want to tackle? downloading updates or the internet outages?
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

Default Just installed the Iso

Well the first should be the one I'm having now I just installed the Iso 7.2 and did the setup as described above, but haven't installed anything in any rack yet.

I started to install the Web Filter and got "Service not Available" and then clicked Ok and then it went into a loop of

Dialog titled Failed with message (Session may have timed out)

I press OK and I keep getting this message.

ok - lets figure out why you can't download apps. can you post a screenshot of this error?

are you remote or on console? which browser? inside or outside? http or https? do you use any plugins like noscript?
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.

Untangler

Default Try

I can try. I'm at my regular computer when typing here .. a Mac. For the Untangle I am at a console.

if you are at the console, open the terminal (set the password if necessary) and then run 'tail -f /var/log/uvm/apt.log' then click download on web filter.

Untangler

actually i can't get to untangle.com from the console now with that message up. Looks like I may need to reboot. The message actually says

Failed
    method not found. (Session may have timed out)

"method not found" that usually means its lost connection to apache or the untangle-vm.
    you can't go to untangle.com in the browser on the local box? check your DNS settings in config->networking->interfaces->external

how much memory & disk does this machine have?

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    "method not found" that usually means its lost connection to apache or the untangle-vm.
    you can't go to untangle.com in the browser on the local box? check your DNS settings in config->networking->interfaces->external

how much memory & disk does this machine have?
    I closed and reopened the terminal and ran a connectivity test. Things were working. I tried to download the Web Filter and it downloaded. Trying for protocol and policy now.

Untangler

I just finished downloading policy and protocol

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast