Untangler

Default Odd Behavior in Untangle For Windows

I'm somewhat familiar with UT from past use. Used 6.x for a while, fell off the wagon for a year or so, back with Untangle for Windows 7.1.

Seems to be working pretty well. Had not used the ReRouter stuff until now; in times past the Windows version was not working so well for me, so I ran the dedicated Linux version.

Windows box is mostly working OK now. Some questions:

Emailed reports:

Send Email Directly seems to not work, but I don't get any type of reply or error message, so I'm not sure who's blocking what.

I chose Send Email Using Specified SMTP Server and set up with my GoDaddy inforation (smtpout.secureserver.net:80) with my auth credentials from Outlook. Still no dice.

What's the normal process for getting outbound email to work? Or how can I get a log to see what's not working with what I have now?

Network:

The integrated 100BaseT NIC on the mainboard wasn't really cutting it, so I dropped in a Netgear PCI Gigabit card.

It's configured correctly in Advanced Settings, Virtual Machine (from taskbar icon). However, in the admin console under Configuration > Networking, it shows Connected 100mb/s full duplex. Refresh shows No New Interfaces detected, and the Windows box moves files at Gig speeds. Is this just a display issue? I want to make sure that the UT VM has a Gigabit card working correctly. The on-board NIC is disabled in Windows.

Reporting:

May be a changed NIC issue, but the last two days of reports show zero traffic, even though the Default Rack shows current traffic. Archived reports show normal usage. I don't remember exactly when I changed out the NICs but this may coincide. How do I reset reporting, or check the internal process? If I keep getting zero bytes daily, I'm going to have to punt and reinstall...

Sun's virtualbox which U4W uses has strange behavior when NIC hardware is changed. I would recommend re-installing but it might be the case that virtualbox does not support the NIC added.