Master Untangler

Default Rebuild - but how with backup issue?

Hi All.

Time for me to rebuild my Untangle box. Numerous small issues (corrupted linux command files, PAINFULLY slow downloads, etc) are forcing me to finally take the plunge and rebuild.

Unfortunately, one of the "small issues" is the fact that the local backup to file feature does not work, and fails with "Error: The local file backup procedure failed. Please try again." Lovely.

I am able to backup to the hard disk, and I see my installed, files, and uvmdb backups in the /usr/share/untangle/dump directory.

How can I restore these files into a newly built box, as this is probably the only way I can retain all of my settings (OpenVPN settings are particularly crucial).

Thanks in advance!

if you have lan / internet connectivity on the new box. enable ssh and copy the files over to the same directory via scp.

ssh into the new box and run /usr/share/untangle/bin/ut-restore and restore via local hard drive.

Master Untangler

Funny you mention that method. I had just thought of the same thing when I decided to come check on my post. LOL. Piece of cake. However...

The new box will be the latest version, whereas my current box is version 6.xx (something). Will this method cause any issues with different versions?