Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The issue is still the headers. You have to have a web server set up just for this to accept any header it gets. And if you have that set up, as sky mentioned, you can just set it up on their machine to use that server as a proxy.

Edit: too late....
    Dan

You may one day find something interesting here. Today is not that day. Tomorrow isn't looking too good either.

What you are trying to do is something along these lines: http://www.ex-parrot.com/pete/upside-down-ternet.html
    Dan

You may one day find something interesting here. Today is not that day. Tomorrow isn't looking too good either.

Okay, how about this. We use eSoft for all of our web blocking. We are not currently using the free web blocker. I could put this guy in a separate rack that uses the web blocker instead of eSoft. Then I could rewrite the block page to send him to a specific website, right? I think it would work, but I don't know what code I'd need to put on the block page to redirect him.

Any thoughts?
    Disclaimer: I may or may not have had enough coffee when I'm posting. Interpret my responses thusly.

No, you dont can modify the block page, only customize with branding manager app, but is not a redirect job
    The world is divided into 10 kinds of people, who know binary and those not

Quote Originally Posted by dwasserman View Post
    No, you dont can modify the block page, only customize with branding manager app, but is not a redirect job
    Sure you can. It's just an HTML page.
    Disclaimer: I may or may not have had enough coffee when I'm posting. Interpret my responses thusly.

Hmm...the problem I see now is that eSoft and the free web filter share a block page. They don't have different block pages, so I can't just rewrite the HTML code without affecting everyone. Darn. It was a good idea while it lasted!

What about a custom captive portal page then send just him to the captive portal?
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by dbunyard View Post
    What about a custom captive portal page then send just him to the captive portal?
    That's a good idea. I haven't tried the captive portal yet. I'll poke around a bit and see if I can make that work.

It looks like I can do this just by creating a custom captive portal page, which is simple, but I don't know where to put it. There is a spot for URL on the configuration page. I guess that needs to be a local URL on the Untangle server. Any idea in what directory I need to put this custom page?

As I understand it, I can just create a custom page with this code in it:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
    <html>
    <head>
    <title>Your Page Title</title>
    <meta http-equiv="REFRESH" content="0;url=http://www.hellokittyonline.com"></HEAD>
    <BODY>
    </BODY>
    </HTML>

That should immediately redirect him to that site. But where do I put this custom page?

Nevermind, I'm a dork. I wasn't looking at the configuration page closely enough. lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast