Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Here is another thread in which WebFool talkes about how to do it: http://forums.untangle.com/captive-p...le-format.html

Edit: Too late. At least you admit you're a dork!
    Dan

You may one day find something interesting here. Today is not that day. Tomorrow isn't looking too good either.

Thanks! I wasn't sure what to do with those files.
    Disclaimer: I may or may not have had enough coffee when I'm posting. Interpret my responses thusly.

I changed page.php to use my code, re-zipped the files and am now uploading them to the server. Something seems to be wrong, though, because it's taking forever and doesn't seem to want to complete. I think we're on the right track, though. Thanks for the idea!
    Disclaimer: I may or may not have had enough coffee when I'm posting. Interpret my responses thusly.

Hmmm....not sure why it would be having trouble with that. I haven't messed with the captive portal at all though so I'm not really going to be of any help, it was just a random thought that crossed my mind a few minutes ago.
    Dan

You may one day find something interesting here. Today is not that day. Tomorrow isn't looking too good either.

As I sit here and think about it though, you can't just redirect him because it will just keep redirecting back to the captive portable page until he is "authenticated" and which point he can browse the net as normal.

You probably have to have a PHP page that will retrieve the site you want then display it back to him, almost like a PHP proxy. I can't think of another way to do it. What's going to happen if you do a meta refresh is something like this:

|goes to google.com|-->|Redirected to captive portal for not being authenticated|-->|Captive portal page has a meta redirect to other internet site|-->|Redirected to captive portal for not being authenticated|-->|Captive portal page has a meta redirect to other internet site|..........etc
    Dan

I figured out the problem, but I still can't get the custom page to work. The page seems to get stuck in a loop instead of just sending the user to the page I want them to go to. That page never actually loads. I think it may be because the page I'm redirecting them to is subsequently getting redirected back to the custom portal page, hence the loop. I need to figure out how to break the loop.

lol We posted at the same time. You nailed it. I'm getting stuck in a loop.

This practical joke is turning out to be a real brain teaser.

That's kinda what I thought would happen. That's why I think you will have to have a PHP page that actually retrieves the page for the user. If you let the Untangle box (rather than the user) actually get the web site I think that will work. Probably could hack this: http://sourceforge.net/projects/poxy/ and make it work.
    Dan

What I need is a way to force the system to think he is authenticated. I suppose if I were a programmer I'd be able to read the scripts and just alter them to behave as if he were authenticated, but I don't know how to do that.

No cause if you do that, after he hits the page once then he can freely surf the internet without being redirected to the captive portal. Hmmmm....I will have to think on this a bit and see if I can come up with a better answer...
    Dan

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast