Master Untangler

Default Can an ordinary user view the realtime logs?

I would like to ask the following questions:

How do I set a user account in the Untangle box that can monitor real time the activity logs, say of Web filter, but do not have an admin account? (I remember before, sometime in version 6.x, you can do this, but no more in 7.x?)

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

You've never had non-admin access to read any logs of any kind in Untangle. There has never been a read only access. The only thing that was there once before was the ability to give a non-admin the ability to view the reports, and that functionality has since been restored.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

Thank you for the clarification Sky. Really appreciate it.

But can you help me understand it. So this means that viewing the report means next day?

What if we designate someone to read the logs realtime?

Thanks in advance.

Untangle Ninja

Hi Randall,

Report Users can be created but they can only see what happen the day before.

So if you need to have someone to read the Event logs in Realtime he will have admin previllous in untangle.

Or you're going to have to build your own reporting application that pulls the data from the reporting engines... but even then the reports schema in the UVM's database only contain the data as of the last report cycle.

So unless you really want to hack it up, there is no way to get live data out of untangle.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangle Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    You've never had non-admin access to read any logs of any kind in Untangle. There has never been a read only access. The only thing that was there once before was the ability to give a non-admin the ability to view the reports, and that functionality has since been restored.
    partially restored. They can view 24hour old data, not LIVE data which is sorely needed.

Lannie

Master Untangler

OK - I'm new to Untangle and have already asked in this forum for the realtime logs. When I read this post now then I do understand it that there are none for non admins?