Thread: Manage Users

Default Manage Users

Hi

Just completed a 7.3 install on a dedicated server and have it setup as a transparent bridge where the ADSL modem is connected to the 2nd NIC on the server.

I want to know how I add/block/manage users on the network from here on - I only installed the Opensource package.

I would ideally want to be able to have "say" over which IP's are allowed on the LAN to go through the untangle box onto the internet - is this possible? Is it possible to limit bandwidth usage per internal IP?

You can use the firewall module to create the block rules.
    to be understood, you must first understand. :)
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself. If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Thanks.

So you know if the "users" section under reports will at least show a list of all the internal IP's at some stage?

I can see some of my internal IP's under the Hosts list in Reports, but that is cumbersome to sift through all the internal and external hosts just to see how much traffic internal users accrued?

"Users" only apply if you use directory connector with the lookup script or captive portal.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

you can use the name map in Reports to tie IPs to a name, though this may or may not help you depending on exactly what you need.

Hi hlarsen

I'm trying to figure out how I can have a view of all the internal IP activities and usage. The information under the current "Hosts" list is adequate, albeit without actual bandwidth usage, but it would help to be able to only view internal IP's in that list so I can get a better view of how the network is used by INTERNAL users.

Is this what the paid applications provide, along with ability to password protect access to internet via the Untangle serer?

Per user activity is summed up in the nightly reports. Those reports replace IP with user if you have the appropriate modules. But that statement isn't entirely true, the reports still contain the per IP report, it simply adds a per user report, which in some cases my be an aggregate of multiple IP addresses.

Unfortunately, our bandwidth accounting per user has been gone since 6.2... we don't seem to be getting it back anytime soon. I have a sql query in the how to section that allows you to get this information. The data is in the database, Untangle just decided to not make it easily accessible.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com