Angry Can't send test emails.

I have a very basic setup...and am having problems with test emails, and daily reports along with Quarantine notifications.

I just setup a new box (a 1u rack server, dual Xeon/4gb-mem/60gb-hd/dual giga-bit nics) and installed UT fresh. We have a static address as we have been using our exchange 2003 server for a few years now...

Everything seems to work fine, web filtering, anti-virus...and so on. We can send emails no problem, but none of the automatic reporting emails send out.

We do have AVG Email Server version 9 on the server and clients... Nothing I have tried seems to work for test emails whether i accept the default settings for Email, or use the ip address/username/pass for the internal server....nothing seems to work? SMTP outgoing is disabled as well?

Any ideas?

Doug.......a bit frustrated

You'll need to look at your exchange server to see why the messages are being rejected.

You can also look in /var/log/exim4/mainlog

Usually this is an issue with DNS resolution on the Untangle itself.
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

OK...I discovered that the pop-up window for testing emails....fails under IE8, works fine with Firefox.....great, as most of my clients, remotly access email/exchange with IE.

Now what? Any ideas?

? I don't understand how is that an issue?

Configure it correctly and you don't need to test it. And im pretty sure that bug is old and fixed in the current version.

Did you look in the log file I pointed you to?
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>