Thread: Email Archiving

dxh
    Untangler

Question Email Archiving

Hello,

Not sure if this is the right forum, but seemed like a good place to post this.

I have had untangle running at my site for about a week. I am loving it.
    I would like untangle to archive all email sent in and out of my location for auditing purposes.

Does untangle support this? Is is a paid add on?

Just trying to find an answer to that.

Our IT Dept. likes untangle a lot more then our fortigate stuff which I am thrilled about, but I have had the question of email archiving raised because we have needed it in the past to prove a document was sent via email. This was one thing the fortigate did well.

If this is not an option with untangle could someone recommend something that could be used with untangle to accomplish this?

Cheers,

David

Untangle doesn't support this. We don't store the message at all but inspect it in real-time.
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

dxh
    Untangler

Thanks.

I found this:
    www dot mailarchiva dot com

They have an open source edition

Man this would be a killer service add on to Untangle, but I will just do it on another machine...no big deal.

Cheers,

David