Default Service Unavailable Message

When I start Untangle, I get an Iceweasel browser with Service Unavailable...

If I go to a terminal, and restart apache2, I get either a good restart or a "[1] + segmentation fault firefox", then

if I start firefox, by typing "firefox &" at the terminal, it will ask me if I want to restore or start a new session... if I start a new session, and type "http:-//localhost", then the browser just closes by itself. Sometimes when I start firefox using this method, I also get a "segmentation fault" error...

Sometimes the browser will just flash on the screen and never fully open. If I restart or even re-install it again, it will simply start with a browser opening with "Service Unavailable"...

I can never get past this to do a setup...

Does anyone have any ideas on what else I can try?

UT 8.1 (latest download) on an MSI K9VGM-V motherboard with a AMD 64 X2 4000 processor.

is it a 64bit install? you may need this.

No I downloaded and installed the 32 bit version. Do you think I should have used the 64 bit version? I have a really old version (ver 6) on an old PIII and I love it.

I'm not getting past the setup on this. I wish I had an old version to try.
    I've been looking here on the site and haven't found any archives of old versions.

Since trying this, I've found that pretty much nothing 32 bit Linux runs on this motherboard, so I'm going to download the 64 bit and try it. Also, the patch for Java looks to be very helpful... Thanks!!!
    Last edited by jasonce65; 02-18-2011 at 06:42 PM. Reason: more info became available

this patch did it for me on an 8.1 x64 install.
    kv-2 | UT 11.0.1 | Dell R610 Server | Intel Xeon 2.8Ghz Quad Cores | 24Gb DDR3 ECC | 1 Intel QPort NIC | Integrated Broadcom QP | Dell Perc 4i | 6 x 73G 2.5 15k SAS raid 10 | 100mb/100mb | 30mb/30Mb