Cool Installing on iMac Need Bootloader??

Hello I'm new to this site so go easy on me Ha Ha HA,

What I'd like to do is install this on a iMac 20inch Intel with a 320Gig HD with 4gig's of ram. The issue is that during the install it get's to the point of installing the Bootloader it fails and I can't go any further. I can't find anywhere on the site about installing this on a mac so I was hopping someone here could shed some light for me.

Thanks

possibly a bad iso. try reburning the disk at a lower speed.
    www.nexgenappliances.com
    Toll Free: 866-794-8879
    UNTANGLE STAR PARTNER
    Follow us at spiceworks!

Master Untangler

I thought many have tried to load on a Mac Mini and you need a special boot loader for the EFI based BIOs. I have 5 macs in my home network with a dedicated Untangle server in bridge mode. Why would you load Untangle on an iMac? Are you trying reroute mode? I could see loading UT on a Mac Mini if you could get dual nics to work with it, but not an iMac.

I would build your own server on a dual core Atom or look at one of these for a home network.

http://www.untangleappliances.com/st...appliance.html

Last edited by blueshoes; 02-21-2011 at 05:02 PM.

This will be more trouble than it's worth. And doesn't the iMac only have a single NIC?

If you really want to do this I'd google for debian efi install.
    m.

Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.

It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look here if you want my advice on how to draw one.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com