Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Untanglit

jip it's only 1 line

Untanglit

Ok I got it fixed by downloading all the packages manually. I ran the "apt-get -f install" command and every time I get a *.deb package corrupted and i just googled it and downloaded it again and then installed it using the "dpkg -i filename.deb" command and it worked. seems like the packages on the cd image is corrupt please check into this I downloaded it from different places and different write speeds.

hope this helps everyone out.

Untangle Ninja

apparently you're the only one to have encountered such a problem. perhaps your installation CD was corrupt... did you check the MD5SUM after downloading the image, and then verify your disc after you burned it?

Default Same Issue Many servers

Hi Guys,

i have had exactly the same issue as Diceair on many many different occasions, the exact same error in fact, we have trouble firstly downloading an ISO that works and when we get it we hold onto it like Gold, untill a new version comes out, then we go through the same thing again.

when we do get it to install with no issues, we run into that same error as Dicemore, we unfortunately do not have a fix for it yet but to keep try reinstalling it.

i have tried different service providers, thinking cache may be the issue, and many types of different hardware but the same error persists.

Unable to contact app store:
    An error has occured: com.untangle.uvm.toolbox.MackageException: ut-apt predictInstall exited with: 1

i have untangle at many many clients using from easy to advanced and dont even know Linux

so woul dlike to continue this thread but you need to tell me in baby steps how to get the info you request in baby steps.

PS: DMorris, love your answer boet! "edit: yeah, I know. I get really pissed when no one helps me for free at 1am on Sundays. The nerve of some people." Doesn't it just say everything!
    Last edited by bensym; 03-28-2011 at 05:16 AM.

Hi Everyone,

This exact same issue is happening with one of my servers. It started after installing 8.1.1.
    I see that both DiceAir and bensym are in South Africa, Johannesburg/Pretoria area. The server that I am having problems with is also in Johannesburg area. My Cape Town servers are all working 100%. Cannot think why this should be a coincidence. The server in question was using Mweb as an ISP, I then changed it to use Internet Solutions but still the same issue.

This is the error that I get in the web GUI when trying to install an App:
    An error has occurred:
    com.untangle.uvm.node.DeployException:
    could not create parent: untangle-casing-http

Any thoughts dmorris?

Thank you in advanced.

dmorris, BTW, I am a paid user.

Untangle Ninja

gert@netstoring.co.za,
    If you are a paying user contact support:

http://www.untangle.com/live-support

Default Any Luck

Hi,

did you have any luck sorting out this issue. I am also experiencing this issue, which is very frustrating. I have now reinstalled untangle about 6 times, each time with varying amount of success in installing the apps.

I wish to trial the software first, but this is proving difficult, as I cannot install the apps with any certainty.

whats to be done?

Hi guys,

Sorry to hear your having troubles.
    If you're having issues downloading apps you'll need to post the full contents of /var/log/uvm/apt.log
    Without knowing whats in there isn't much we can tell you aside from the fact that something isn't working.

The most common reasons one can't download apps are:
    1) DNS issues can't resolve updates.untangle.com
    2) firewall/filter blocking or messing with web traffic to updates.untangle.com
    3) crappy ISP/internets
    4) modified sources.list

You'll need to figure out which is your case.

If you have live support, give them a call and they can get you sorted fairly quickly.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

I am also experiencing this problem which is very frustrating. I have now reinstalled untangle about 3 times, help me please!

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    Hi guys,

Sorry to hear your having troubles.
    If you're having issues downloading apps you'll need to post the full contents of /var/log/uvm/apt.log
    Without knowing whats in there isn't much we can tell you aside from the fact that something isn't working.

The most common reasons one can't download apps are:
    1) DNS issues can't resolve updates.untangle.com
    2) firewall/filter blocking or messing with web traffic to updates.untangle.com
    3) crappy ISP/internets
    4) modified sources.list

You'll need to figure out which is your case.

If you have live support, give them a call and they can get you sorted fairly quickly.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast