Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Untangler

can u guys add to the download section, native XEN and VMWARE images?

Since we don't recommend running Untangle in a VM, it would be a little contradictory to do so wouldn't it?
    m.

Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.

It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look here if you want my advice on how to draw one.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Quote Originally Posted by mrunkel View Post
    Since we don't recommend running Untangle in a VM, it would be a little contradictory to do so wouldn't it?
    With 4 vCPU (X5650) and 2GB, Untangle boots in less than 50 seconds, so fast!

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by mrunkel View Post
    why not?

Untangler

Why not?

Because they don't support it, maybe?
    Last edited by Jockey; 06-06-2011 at 01:31 AM.

Untangler

Default What datastore to use

I am thinking about installing the OVF on a usbstick and then allocating a big chunk (maybe 2GB will suffice?) of RAM to the vm. The theory being is that it would be completely loaded to memory and would not require much HDD (write) access. Is this theory worth testing? I would be using it on a 3 user LAN, route mode.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12