Angry Repeated installation failure

I am trying to install 8.11 on a dedicated machine, the actual installation completes without any errors then it downloads all the packages however during the installation of the Lite package I get the same error every time:

-----------------------------------
    Unable to contact the app store.
    An error has occurred: com.untangle.uvm.toolbox.Mackage.Exception: ut-apt install untangle-libitem-lite-package exited with: 1

The server is unable to properly communicate with the app store
    check internet connectivity and network settings
    check that the server is fully up to date
    ------------------------------------

I get this error every time, 5th clean install using 8.11 I have also tried my 8.0 installation cd and I get a similair/same error during the upgrade once the install is complete.

The machine is directly connected to the internet and internet connectivity is tested.

Help!

The server is unable to properly communicate with the app store
    does a Connectivity Test pass from Config > Networking > Troubleshooting?
    does a Connection Test pass to updates.untangle.com on port 80?

Connectivity test passes
    Connectivity test to updates.untangle.com port 80 passes

If I browse to http updates.untangle.com on the machine it presents a login popup asking for a username and password

Both connectivity tests passed

I have enabled remote support on <snip>
    Last edited by mrunkel; 06-03-2011 at 08:23 AM. Reason: we don't need your IP..

Well, remote support is not going to help you if you aren't a paid customer. If you are a paid customer, you should get in touch with our support team and not be posting in the forums.

The will be an error (not the warning about expected stable but got...) that will tell you what is happening in /var/log/uvm/apt.log

Most likely causes:

Intermittent DNS problem
    Bad cache
    Incomplete installation
    m.

Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.

It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look here if you want my advice on how to draw one.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Only error I can see is:

Conflicting distribution: ...expected stable but got lagonda -1

I tried an apt-get update with the same error plus un unmet dependancy error which apt-get -f install did not clear

I have done several installations from different Untangle version installations so that would rule out an incomplete installation, our ISP is Internet Solutions I am going to try this through our Neotel line and let you know shortly.

Smile

Connected the machine to our Neotel fibre and installed correctly the first time, I guess this is Internet Solutions cache problem.

Thanks for your contribution, that would not have been my first guess, much appreciated.