Untangler

Default Should I use 2 UT Servers or will one be ok?

I have just set up my first UT server that worked, my old one had some really bad hardware, and this one went perfect.

I have two halves to my network. The first half is a regular user lan with a SBS 2011 set up and clients. I installed the first UT Server on this segment today and it went perfect.

My question is about the second half. It consists of public webservers for my website and nfp.

The question is whether it is a good idea to use the same UT box or to setup a second UT server with fewer of the options like ad blockers etc that I dont need for the public webservers.

Lastly, what can I do to make it as fast as possible, do the sessions limits count for public servers or are those metrics for internal sessions etc.

Thanks again for any help you can be,

-Jason

The session limit applies to TCP sessions that are passing through the UVM. Most of the time you're going to be bypassing communications to hosted web servers anyway.

The one function I try to offload for larger networks is spam, because that can get a bit hairy sometimes if you're doing a pile of content-filtration and spam work on the same box.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

I use spam hero for my domains, that way I block the spam before it even gets to my servers.

So, If I bridge the connections to the external it will bypass the rest of the rack like the ad blocker etc?

Thanks again,

-Jason

No, any traffic transiting Untangle will be subject to the rack. Unless you bypass it. That is what bypass rules are for!

But if all you want is basic connectivity, you should be ok.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

Awesome, how do I set it up to bypass?

Thanks again,

-Jason