Default how stable is UT under VM ESXI

i have acquired 6 dell power edge 4600 servers for free.. all with 8 gigs of ram and 232 gigs of hard drive

i want to run UT in a vm sense, is it stable under those conditions?

hardest thing about this whole things is getting them into the office and racking them....there not light at all.....

Untangle runs wonderfully in vSphere.

However, Untangle makes a bad candidate for virtualization.

If you want to run UT in a VM because that's the hardware you have and the deployment option you want, go for it. Just don't run anything else on that server with Untangle, or at very least make sure you reserve enough resources for the UT server. If you don't, UT will slow down randomly and your Internet performance will get unstable, and your users will learn to hate you.

So in reality it works fine, if you know what you're doing. If you don't, you're walking into a situation where a ton of rope has been handed to you... and you will hang yourself before you get out of it... and not everyone survives the attempt.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

lol thanks rob, i think with that in mind i will follow the old adage and listen to what is often said by me to my kids..if it isn't broke don't try to fix it

i was just trying to find a good use for those machines.....they weight a ton and the specs are dual proc 2.4 xeon and one of them oddly had 16 gigs of ram where as the others have only 8....so i will just tinker with them and maybe find a use for them some where of at the very least use them to hold open a door for some breeze to come in