Master Untangler

Default 9.0 Upgrade Status

Just like to post these so untangle can see upgrades going fine.

My NFR upgrade from 8.1.1 went fine to 9.0

cool. thanks.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

same here mine went flawlessly

I had a problem on a test system after automatic (by mistake) upgrade to 9.0.0!

In Packet filter rules I had 3 rules like this:

Block
    Block
    Pass (making an exception for one port to one of the rules above)

This was working fine in 8.1 but after upgrading to 9.0.0 the exception did not work.
    I read the Wiki and understood that the pass rule has to be placed on top of the reject rule.

I changed to

Pass
    Block
    Block

This worked fine!

Is there such a difference between the releases or did I make a mistake, anyone else seen this?

/O

Ours hung at some point during the auto update process last night. I couldn't reach it from home this morning so I called the office and everyone said "the internet was dead". By the time I actually got here, one of the office girls had already taken it upon herself to do a hard reboot before I had a chance to see what state it was in but it seems to be working fine now. I'm still trying to determine what went wrong and if there are any residual problems but so far it looks OK from just the hard reboot and looks like the update did complete successfully before it hung so at this point it only seems like a minor hiccup. The hardware is a Dell R210 and the configuration was pretty straightforward. I'll report back if I find out any information that is actually useful.

Quote Originally Posted by profligate View Post
    Ours hung at some point during the auto update process last night. I couldn't reach it from home this morning so I called the office and everyone said "the internet was dead". By the time I actually got here, one of the office girls had already taken it upon herself to do a hard reboot before I had a chance to see what state it was in but it seems to be working fine now. I'm still trying to determine what went wrong and if there are any residual problems but so far it looks OK from just the hard reboot and looks like the update did complete successfully before it hung so at this point it only seems like a minor hiccup. The hardware is a Dell R210 and the configuration was pretty straightforward. I'll report back if I find out any information that is actually useful.
    funny thing you say this, one of my installations hung thru the night and there was no error or anything it just froze so i had to do a hard reboot on it and then it has been fine