Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Untangler

The problem is the server has RAID installed and from what I remember it was a bear to get working. If it wasn't for that I would agree that a reinstall would be the way to go.

I'm sorry your experience hasn't been good.

Realize that if you aren't prepared to get your hands dirty and do a little troubleshooting this is exactly why we sell live support. They can fix this for you but they'll first need to determine what is wrong. You can also contact a partner. There are probably several in your area.

If you want to dig in:
    I'd post the output of 'cat ~/.zsh_history' so we can know exactly what has been done to the box.
    I'd post the output of 'cat /etc/untangle-net-alpaca/netConfig.js'
    and I'd look for exceptions in /var/log/untangle-net-alpaca/* and /var/log/uvm/*
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Dirk, just so you know. /etc/untangle-net-alpaca/netConfig.js doesn't exist on my box. Is that the correct file?
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    I'm sorry your experience hasn't been good.

Realize that if you aren't prepared to get your hands dirty and do a little troubleshooting this is exactly why we sell live support. They can fix this for you but they'll first need to determine what is wrong. You can also contact a partner. There are probably several in your area.

If you want to dig in:
    I'd post the output of 'cat ~/.zsh_history' so we can know exactly what has been done to the box.
    I'd post the output of 'cat /etc/untangle-net-alpaca/netConfig.js'
    and I'd look for exceptions in /var/log/untangle-net-alpaca/* and /var/log/uvm/*
    Here are the files you asked for. Wasn't sure which logs you needed when you asked for exceptions so I have included a file showing the directory of each. Let me know if a certain log is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    Dirk, just so you know. /etc/untangle-net-alpaca/netConfig.js doesn't exist on my box. Is that the correct file?
    On 9.0? Thats not good.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Scamby View Post
    Here are the files you asked for. Wasn't sure which logs you needed when you asked for exceptions so I have included a file showing the directory of each. Let me know if a certain log is needed.
    As you can see from your zsh_history, your box has been modified fairly extensively. There isn't much we can really do to help you here.

I'd reinstall. If you'd like to modify your Untangle I'd read the warning displayed when you open the terminal very carefully. If you still feel like you want to modify it then knock yourself out but at least disable upgrades.

Untangler

As you can see from your zsh_history, your box has been modified fairly extensively. There isn't much we can really do to help you here.

I'd reinstall. If you'd like to modify your Untangle I'd read the warning displayed when you open the terminal very carefully. If you still feel like you want to modify it then knock yourself out but at least disable upgrades.
    I understand but would any of those changes cause the problem I am having?

I have automatic upgrades disabled. At one time we had out UID set up to receive beta updates. How can I check to see if that is still the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Scamby View Post
    I understand but would any of those changes cause the problem I am having?

I have automatic upgrades disabled. At one time we had out UID set up to receive beta updates. How can I check to see if that is still the case?
    Who knows. Theres no way we can predict what an Untangle with those modifications would behave like. We don't test modified setups.

If upgrades are disabled locally then you won't get updates regardless. (We never "push" updates we just make them available sooner to those on the priority queue)

On 9.0? Thats not good.
    No my box is still 8.1.1 thanks to be thinking 9.0 wasn't supported when I rebuilt it.

And the contents of that file from the other poster have me a bit excited, I want 9.0 even more now for further large interface count testing.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Default Same issue here....

Hey,

I have the same issue as mentioned above. In my case, I've setup Untangle to make updates automatically, so I came in this morning and internet was down.

Now... I installed a VM on my machine with Untangle 8 without putting the updates, and when I tried to restore the backup file, nothing changed in my settings.

I then made the updates which moved to Untangle 9, still can't restore the backup file.

I don't mind wiping Untangle and reload the backup file, but my restore does nothing.

What I am doing wrong?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12