Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Untangler

Angry Issues with 9 upgrade

I just upgraded to version 9 (64 bit) of UT. What a mistake. Once the machine rebooted I was unable to connect to the internet. All tests failed (connectivity, ping, DNS, etc.). The interfaces were showing up fine and their configurations were correct. I went ahead and set them up again to get connected once again. But when I did that and tried to connect to a site blocked by Web Filter Lite I got a 403 Forbidden error page (see attached). I came across this post http://forums.untangle.com/web-filte...age-issue.html which had the same page and I did what it said even though I hadn't changed how the cables or interfaces were set up before. Now I still get the 403 error and I can't get to the web interface through the network (I get a connection timed out message). I'm switching the cables back to the way they were so I can at least get to the interface. Anyone have any ideas on how to correct the 403 error and get the UT page back it used to show for blocked pages?

Usually if you get the plain text block page like that it means you've got your interfaces plugged in wrong.

Block pages don't show on WAN interfaces (because port 80 isn't open on WANs) so my guess is that your internal network is plugged into your WAN.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

Default Tried both

I've tried both ways (reversed the cables) and I still get the same result along with the issue with the Webui. Here is how it is set up right now (see attached). Setup is Internet->PIX Firewall->UT_Eth1 and UT_Eth0->LAN. I've tried switching the cables and switching the interfaces with the same result.

If you're a paying user I'd email support (with your UID) and they'll take a look.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

Default Support

We are only using the free products.

reinstall form scratch

Untangler

Default Prefer not to

I would prefer not to for obvious reasons. This is a production server. Any other ideas?

if production and not paying i think you answer your own question

Untangler

That was helpful. It shouldn't matter if I'm paying or not. If it doesn't work correctly it's not worth paying for. We have actually begun looking into purchasing one of the packages but issues such as this will make us look elsewhere.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by Scamby View Post
    That was helpful. It shouldn't matter if I'm paying or not. If it doesn't work correctly it's not worth paying for. We have actually begun looking into purchasing one of the packages but issues such as this will make us look elsewhere.
    I agree to an extent. Untangle is so easy to backup and re-install its almost pointless to troubleshoot an issues such as this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast