Default apps not downloading

I start the download and the bar on the app or package I download keeps filling up, then disappearing so I thought it was downloading but no indication of it happening in my account and nothing will change for awhile.

I also the random warning boxes popping up with no text except for the "ok" button and "Warning" on the title bar.

Did I do something wrong? I can verify all connectivity works even with my clients on the internal side.

you can check /var/log/uvm/apt.log, that should have any errors related to downloading packages.

Can't

It did download, but then just shutdown with no warning.

I am using the x64 version of 8.1.1 and i had to re-install it because after it shutdown unexpectedly, it continued to do so at the middle of every startup.

Even after the re-install, it still continues to do the same thing of just random shutdowns after the install.

I also tried the x86 version and that just locks up after install at the point where it starts prompting you to configure. you have to hard shutdown and then it hangs on boot.

This has happened exactly the same on 2 different computers, and intel and amd. I've burned multiply disks and still the same results on both.

Untangle doesn't just "shut down" randomly. If your box is doing that, you have hardware issues that need addressed.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

I have xp on Raid disks

I had to unplug the raid drives due to it conflicting with untangle when loading. Xp works fine

Also, I can run ubuntu fine on it as well with no hiccups.

Edit: The random shutdowns do not happen with the x86 version (or at least not that I have seen), only x64
    Last edited by ChrisMB; 06-30-2011 at 04:01 PM.

Hardware issues don't always mean a defect. And Ubuntu is similar, but not the same as Debian.

Something is incompatible, Ubuntu's hardware compatibility is MUCH wider than Debian.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com