Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Untangler

Question Clean v9 Install... NO Rack

I don't know what I am doing wrong... just did a clean install of v9 and all the apps are showing up on the left hand side. When I click on, it takes me to the web site to download the app... the downloading progress bar continues and eventually stops, but no app in the rack?

What gives.

have you tried to restart the machine, and or switching the nic cards

Untangler

I did restart the machine... I can open up the Untangle Client and surf the web. This is the same configuration as the previous v8.1 Untangle running on this same hardware.

Did a reformat of the drives and a clean install of v9... it did upgrade to v9.01 before I could download/install any apps. Maybe not doing the upgrade before installing apps? Don't know... it took about 1.5 hrs for the Untangle to setup from the fresh install... that seemed long to me.

yeah that is a unusually long time

Untangler

Was using OpenDNS for the DNS settings... maybe that was blocking the downloads. Interesting that there is no error message, and they seem to download... the apps are on the left, but will not load up into the empty rack.

Will go check it now that I changed DNS Settings... if that didn't work, I will do another clean install and report back.

Untangler

I think I had a couple of issues... the initial install took almost 2 hrs. I redownloaded the ISO and made a new CD... it installed in 25 minutes. Much better.

Having the OpenDNS Servers configured was also an issue... so I have it back up and running, currently upgrading it and will then try to install some apps. Wish me luck.

keep in mind using public dns such as google or opendns means anti-spam won't work as the websites behind the anti-spam reject public dns requests.

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by hescominsoon View Post
    keep in mind using public dns such as google or opendns means anti-spam won't work as the websites behind the anti-spam reject public dns requests.
    I don't understand what you are saying... if you use your ISP's DNS servers, aren't you using Public DNS Servers?

Are you talking about the Network configuration of the public side of your Untangle box? Or are you talking about the DNS Server settings on servers on the private side of your untangle box?

no..opendns and google dns are not the same "clean" dns you get form isp dns.

what are you using for hardware?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast