Default Can't configure external (internet) connection

This is my first time installing an Untangle 9.0 firewall / router. I installed on a PC with 3 nic's none of which were patched in during the initial installation. When the setup wizard got to configuring the 3 network cards I configured them as eth0 - internal, eth1 - external, eth3 - dmz. Then under "Configure your Internet Connection" I first chose static and patched the external interface - eth1 directly into my cable modem (Cogeco). When this didn't work (I realized I don't have a static IP from my ISP - duh!) I switched to Dynamic (DHCP) and hit refresh. After waiting for a while, while "refreshing..." it came up blank. I do have link lights on both the external nic and the cable modem, but I tried using a crossover cable for kicks. Same result no connectivity. I should mention that when I first tried the Static IP config, although the ip portion failed, DNS connectivity passed. So I know I have a proper connection to the cable modem.

At this stage I'm not sure how to proceed. Any ideas to troubleshoot would be much appreciated!

Every ISP is different in the way they operate. My experience is based on RoadRunner (brighthouse) in florida. Usually with a DHCP modem you have to power cycle the modem when you change the device behind it. I assume something to do with MAC address of the firewall device.

When ever I do this my IP will change too. Give that a try all else fails call your ISP and say your trying to install a new firewall and can't seem to get an IP. They can give you their process for doing so at least. Or they will yell at you.
    The beatings shall continue until morale improves!

Thanks Big D!
    Cycling the modem did the trick.