Untangler

Default Trying out another Untangle, only this time doing my own install

Everything installed fine, no error messages, Untangle screen comes up fine too. Then it just sits there. I click on the Launch Client button and it animates, like I clicked it, but then nothing. The others kind of work, the change resolution is stuck on the same resolution regardless to what is selected, the turn on or off screen saver doesn't seem to do anything, Recovery Utilities only flashes a command line box for a fraction of a second, then closes, but the terminal, shutdown and reboot work.

Any ideas where this went wrong? The box I used is 2GB 160 GB hd in http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16856140042

I installed twice, same results. CPU usage and HD is minimal. No where to go from there since I can't launch the CLient to even start configuring.

Master Untangler

Try upping the allocated graphics in bios

Beyond the fact that the Atom n270 doesn't have enough CPU power to do anything?

Dual Core or go home... especially with Atoms.

The issues you're describing don't make much sense. If video ram was light, X simply wouldn't start. Screen res being locked is normal.

The UI not loading is a problem, as is the recovery utils box not staying. I'm not sure what can cause that.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

Well, the atom does handle some things reasonably well. The pre diagnostics give a green light for teh CPU and memory. Not to mention, this is for a home environment, so it doesn't need to do much. In any case, think I will use this to run a different project, and will try a more powerful rig. Perhaps a shuttle book pc with a standard Dual core intel. I will try upping the vid ram just in case.

Home environment? This home environment has a DOCSIS 3.0 cable, and that N270 flatlined with no modules loaded just buckling under the strain of packet pushing.

The n333 works, but below that I wouldn't touch it. Nothing but trouble.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

Well, figured it out. The CD I was installing from was defective. I got a new shuttle book pc with a standard 4 GB of ddr3, 3.0 ghz wolfdale dual core, and similar results. I re-burned the cd and that install worked fine. As a side note, it installed fine on the little atom cpu too. Though, it doesn't perform nearly as well, so the advice of staying off the atoms is good. If the thing stutters on just the GUI, I can only imagine what it is doing when the work is being applied.

Though as a side note, teh CPU meter shows it as 25-30 ish occupied. (the 3.0 shows teh same work at about 5%)