Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26
  1. #11
    Untangler
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pirateghost View Post
    After 24 hours? Notice a pattern here? You have to wait 24 hours

    Sent from my Inspire 4G

    I'll be back in the office Monday 7AMEST and will post what I find, If it is still not working I will include screen shots.

  2. #12
    Master Untangler
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lautermilch View Post
    I'll be back in the office Monday 7AMEST and will post what I find, If it is still not working I will include screen shots.

  3. #13
    Untangler
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    49

    Default

    this morning I am getting data as I expected but I have two issues:

    On the 'Reports' tab under Hosts I only have IP addresses. We use static mappings on all computers. I did fill out the name map.

    'users' is empty. I am using static ip addressing, how/where should I add users?
    Last edited by Lautermilch; 09-19-2011 at 07:47 AM.

  4. #14
    Untangle Junkie dmorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Carlos, CA
    Posts
    17,486

    Default

    post screenshots of your name map and reports.

    As for users, do you have directory connector installed? Does it show the correct usernames in the user map?
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

  5. #15
    Untangler
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    post screenshots of your name map and reports.

    As for users, do you have directory connector installed? Does it show the correct usernames in the user map?
    Here is a slideshow of the images
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lauterm...05950820/show/
    Here they are for downloading
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lauterm...7627705950820/

    I should add the data on the webfilter report is not incrementing though I have generated today's report multiple times. On the rack view it is incremental.

  6. #16
    Untangle Ninja mrunkel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,022

    Default

    Lautermilch, please give support a call and let them know you're trialing some products and would like some pre-sales help. If they aren't slammed they will help you out.
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

  7. #17
    Untangle Junkie dmorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Carlos, CA
    Posts
    17,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lautermilch View Post
    Here is a slideshow of the images
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lauterm...05950820/show/
    Here they are for downloading
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lauterm...7627705950820/

    I should add the data on the webfilter report is not incrementing though I have generated today's report multiple times. On the rack view it is incremental.
    Can you include a screenshot of what you see under "Hosts" ?
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

  8. #18
    some dude hlarsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    sfba
    Posts
    1,384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    Can you include a screenshot of what you see under "Hosts" ?
    ^

    when people go to a blocked site, do they get a blockpage with a logo or black text on a white background? if the latter, the interfaces are backwards.

  9. #19
    Untangler
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hlarsen View Post
    ^

    when people go to a blocked site, do they get a blockpage with a logo or black text on a white background? if the latter, the interfaces are backwards.
    I blocked porn and tried to go to a XXX site and got the UT logo with the block page.

    We have a user that leaves his machine open with a number of open web sites. On the reports for today the new events for the web filter stop at 8:38AM and have been stopped and am I writing this at 9:30AM. After midnight the entries were getting added every minute or two. Generating new data does not change anything. I ask again - is there a difference between 9.01 and 9.02 when it comes to creating ad hoc reports? 9.01 created an updated snapshot of the data. I used it for about ten days.

  10. #20
    Untangler
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    Can you include a screenshot of what you see under "Hosts" ?
    Attached is the image. I have added some Hostnames to the name map.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2