Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

The names from the host map appear right there.

Lets start over.

What issue are you having with reports?
    What is not working as you expect?
    Please be very specific. If you have multiple issues, pick one and give us the details.

ps - stop generating the reports by hand. you must wait until the next day.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    The names from the host map appear right there.

ps - stop generating the reports by hand. you must wait until the next day.
    It was only two of the names. The rest did not come over.

BTW, this is a call center and when a manger has an inquirey about someone's web surfing, we need to know right then and there as version 9.01 did. As the IT person I would be booted out for telling a manager to 'you must wait for tomorrow' for a report on websites that someone visited.

I'm going to let UT run but will start looking at other packages.

It sounds like Untangle's reporting isn't going to work for you.

Untangle sends reports daily, that button doesn't work as expected. If you need "current" behavior, that is what the event viewer for a specific module is for.

Report generation is HEAVY! So you're saying it's ok to have intermittent Internet access for up to an hour while the reports churn themselves out?

Ask the manager if it's ok to take the Internet down because they want a nice pretty PDF report.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lautermilch View Post
    It was only two of the names. The rest did not come over.
    No, every one you defined has a name according to the screenshots you provided. I can easily see the four IPs you gave names at the bottom (and you've clipped the scrollbar off the screenshot so presumably there are more).

Yes, creating reports dynamically is fine, but clearly you are having some sort of issue and I think its safe to say that the dynamic report generation is causing confusion and its not entirely clear what we are troubleshooting here.

As far as I can tell, everything is working exactly as your configured it and as expected...
    Last edited by dmorris; 09-20-2011 at 09:44 AM.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    It sounds like Untangle's reporting isn't going to work for you.

Untangle sends reports daily, that button doesn't work as expected. If you need "current" behavior, that is what the event viewer for a specific module is for.

Report generation is HEAVY! So you're saying it's ok to have intermittent Internet access for up to an hour while the reports churn themselves out?

Ask the manager if it's ok to take the Internet down because they want a nice pretty PDF report.
    I put UT on a new HP so it would run well. When I generate the reports it does not cause any problems.
    A manager is going see 'Bill' doing something on the web and come to me to see all that Bill has been doing the last hour. to be honest, we go used to another program on a demo that provided incredible charts. But this program did not have any firewall or the ability to block protocols and we found one person had downloaded 500MB of music.
    The managers are already used to seeing data that is in the last hour as I showed this with the other program and UT 9.01.
    I did look in the event viewer of the web filter but that is not a solution.

Untangler

This morning I came in and found no more data in the reports. Everything stopped at 8:38AM on Tuesday morning. The web filter showed it was still scanning pages.

I'm going to 'nuke & pave' the server this morning with another web filtering trial product. Thanks for the help given.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123