Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
  1. #1
    Untangler
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    49

    Default Limited Data On New Install

    We are trying UT again as the first time we only had a little over a week. I did get it working then and got to know it.

    Using premuim webfilter, firewall at this time.

    Generated new reports and added some users via IP address

    On the rack view the buttons are green with the web filter showing scanning pages by the thousands.firewall and protocal control show sessions.

    All the PCs have static IP addresses and I have added them under 'Name Map' under Reports as I did last time.

    The report summery is all zero data.
    System data is zero
    Firewall zero
    Server show expected data
    Violations shows zero even though I went to a XXX site and UT blocked me.

    Is there a lag time on report data?
    Last edited by Lautermilch; 09-16-2011 at 06:38 AM.

  2. #2
    Untangler
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    49

    Default

    While I was waiting for a reply I did some research and it did seem to indicate to put a static entry for the PC so I did but that did not change anything.

    On reports Users is empty as I am not using any kind of AD. All of our apps are web based so we don't have a server.

  3. #3
    Untangle Ninja sky-knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    26,482

    Default

    Reports are generated at night, so you won't see any report data until the device has been in service for 24 hours.

    If you aren't seeing report data after 24 hours, you've installed the device incorrectly. Meaning, Untangle isn't seeing the traffic, and it isn't processing things. If you're getting block pages from the web filter and also not getting reports... I don't know what to tell you.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

  4. #4
    Untangler
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    Reports are generated at night, so you won't see any report data until the device has been in service for 24 hours.

    If you aren't seeing report data after 24 hours, you've installed the device incorrectly. Meaning, Untangle isn't seeing the traffic, and it isn't processing things. If you're getting block pages from the web filter and also not getting reports... I don't know what to tell you.

    I have run the reports and still get zero data with no users. This version 9.02 was supposed to fix a name map problem with 9.01. Is anyone using 9.02 with static IP computer mappings and getting data? Perhaps the fix for 9.01 created a new bug . . . .

  5. #5
    Untangle Ninja sky-knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    26,482

    Default

    The name map patch only fixes the name map. The report would still show data via IP addresses.

    If your reports are completely empty, the name map is irrelevant.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

  6. #6
    Untangler
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    The name map patch only fixes the name map. The report would still show data via IP addresses.

    If your reports are completely empty, the name map is irrelevant.

    So let's review to get this resolved as we only get 15 days on the web filter trial.

    1. UT in bridge mode. Comcast router - UT - 24 port switch. If web filter is set to block I get the block message on porn sites. Filter is showing lots of pages scanned by the second.
    2. All computers on static IP addressing, added to name maps and no difference.
    3. Reports are empty. Generated reported after several hours, showing nothing.

    Anybody have anything else that could be checked?

  7. #7
    Master Untangler
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lautermilch View Post
    So let's review to get this resolved as we only get 15 days on the web filter trial.

    1. UT in bridge mode. Comcast router - UT - 24 port switch. If web filter is set to block I get the block message on porn sites. Filter is showing lots of pages scanned by the second.
    2. All computers on static IP addressing, added to name maps and no difference.
    3. Reports are empty. Generated reported after several hours, showing nothing.

    Anybody have anything else that could be checked?
    did you wait 24 hours as Sky Knight said you would have to? or are you getting impatient and trying to force a report and pulling the plug before 24 hour period is up?

  8. #8
    Untangler
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pirateghost View Post
    did you wait 24 hours as Sky Knight said you would have to? or are you getting impatient and trying to force a report and pulling the plug before 24 hour period is up?
    yes, I am forcing a report.

  9. #9
    Master Untangler
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lautermilch View Post
    yes, I am forcing a report.
    After 24 hours? Notice a pattern here? You have to wait 24 hours

    Sent from my Inspire 4G

  10. #10
    Untangle Ninja sky-knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    26,482

    Default

    All good things to those who wait?
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2