Master Untangler

Default replacing untangle PC

Hi, we've been running UT Premium for a few months now, latest build. About a week ago we started experiencing problems with our standalone load balancer (it had been working rock solid for years before and after untangle). Anyhow we ended up purchasing a new load balancer, and still can't get it working properly in UT. So not sure if something in UT may have recently changed.

Anyhow, right now we're back to 1 internet connection directly to Untangle. Everything is 100%, but obviously no load balancing.

So I am thinking of building another Untangle box with multiple NICs and using the built-in load balancing feature. This brings me to 2 questions:

#1. Can I build a new UT box, then restore from a backup from our current UT box to bring over the configuration? I know things like the eth0 and eth1 would need adjusting, but would this bring the rest of the changes onto the new UT box?

#2. With the paid license, I only want to transfer it when I am certain the new UT box is working in our live environment. Is using the free trial for the new UT box the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky View Post

#1. Can I build a new UT box, then restore from a backup from our current UT box to bring over the configuration? I know things like the eth0 and eth1 would need adjusting, but would this bring the rest of the changes onto the new UT box?
    yes, but the settings for specific apps will only be restored if the apps are on the box. make sure that you restore your backup after transferring your subscription and getting the applications installed.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky View Post
    #2. With the paid license, I only want to transfer it when I am certain the new UT box is working in our live environment. Is using the free trial for the new UT box the best way to accomplish this?
    yes - instead of transferring first, you can download the free trial of the Premium Package which will install everything except Branding Manager. transfer the subscription when you're ready, at which point Branding Manager will install.

Master Untangler

Thanks!!