Default TCP Test Failed - No Connectivity

I've had untangle for a little while, but have been testing in different environments ( Ie. internal between switches, on a NATTED segment, etc. )

Now I'm ready to move to it's final location and I've gotten everything configured, routes entered, etc.

Running in Bridged mode, I have 3 Nics, one not in use but available for later as a static internal only admin address.

Basic config is. Internet >> Firewall >> UT Box >> Core Switch with IP Routing enabled with multiple VLANS.

There is a static subnet between the core switch Firewall.

I've assigned the UT an IP address in that range, added routes for both device ( Switch and Router ) in the static routes and the appropriate interfaces for the routes.

I've turned off HTTP Administration ( as suggested here ).

Here's the issue I'm having.

No TCP connections are being allowed through the UT. UDP traffic seems to be traversing fine, but no HTTP or any other TCP traffic is making it through.

When rebooting the UT, I can access the internet ( for a short period of time ), but once UT is up, not traffic is allowed through.

I've turned off all the modules thinking maybe there was a mis-configuration in one of them, but same results.

So what am I missing ? I know this is probably something simple, but I just cant seem to find it.

Using the troubleshooting tools, I can ping, tracert, etc. anything internal, but nothing external. DNS test out fine, connectivity test fail. Looking at the packet capture, any TCP going out is showing "failure, network not availalbe".

????

any suggestions would be appreciated.

How is it configured? What are the IPs/netmasks/gateways of the various devices?
    Here are some good tests to run: http://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/The_internet_is_down
    Run each one and post the result of each.

The suggested settings are the defaults (HTTP administration ON not off)

edit: if the TCP connectivity test fails this means Untangle itself can't connect with TCP to anything on the internet. If this is failing its a safe bet that nothing behind Untangle will be able to get TCP connectivity either.
    Last edited by dmorris; 09-30-2011 at 08:15 AM.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    How is it configured? What are the IPs/netmasks/gateways of the various devices?
    Here are some good tests to run: Run each one and post the result of each.

The suggested settings are the defaults (HTTP administration ON not off)

edit: if the TCP connectivity test fails this means Untangle itself can't connect with TCP to anything on the internet. If this is failing its a safe bet that nothing behind Untangle will be able to get TCP connectivity either.
    Cannot Ping anything outside ... can ping everything inside.

DNS is set to internal local DNS all other devices use,

ARP routing tables are showing all devices inside...

I turned off HTTP admin, after trying everything with it on, same results. Reading in another similar thread, it was suggested to turn it off.

The UT device is between 2 Cisco Devices, using a subnet of 10.10.10.X/30

I have both devices IP assigned as static routes using the appropriate interfaces as well as all the vlans are defined in the static routes. This appears to be correct as I see the ARP entries populated with IP's from every vlan.

I had assigned an IP address withing the same IP block using the same net mask as the 2 cisco devices. This subnet ( between router and switch ) was setup by our network provider when we moved to IP routing on our internal switches. Cannot be changed without major issues.

thanks

Untanglit

Having similar issue. Hosts on the inside can ping out. Can ping 8.8.8.8, can't ping google.com. Connection test to google.com:80 fails
    Thu Nov 17 14:15:05 EST 2011 - Test Failure!
    /tmp/alpaca/command-20111117-18661-vsojxc-0: 4: netcat: not found

Have you gotten anywhere with your problem?

if netcat isn't found you have something wrong with your installation.
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>