Exclamation When to use bridge mode

I have a ISP that provides a router that is NOT a firewall. Should I use bridge mode or install it as a router? The router that is currently in place has 5 external IPS and one internal IP that matches our internal Network IP. I want to make UT the primary Firewall. ALso we will be getting a backup ISP with the same configuration NO FIREWALL on there router. I will be using another UT for that and hve both on our network. Any problems with that? I can also change the Internal IP on both routers if neccessary.

THANKS FOR A QUICK RESPONSE.

if you're going to have two WANs you'll need to be in router mode - you should check with the ISPs to see if Untangle can hang on to the public IPs so you don't have to deal with double NAT.

Call up your ISP and have them convert their router into a bridge. They should be able to pass off the public addresses to your equipment. From there you're free to use Untangle in router mode to define the edge of your network.

The way you have it now, your internal IP space is determined by a piece of equipment outside of your control. This limits your ability to control your own network. These limitations will prevent multi-WAN configuration.

Ok well it doesn't prevent it but it does make things much more difficult.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com