Untanglit

Default System Up Time in GUI?

Hey Gang -

I have a client that is using Untangle and for 30 to 45 seconds every day they are dropping connection. In troubleshooting this problem, is there somewhere in Untangle that I can have them check to see if the Untangle box is rebooting itself?

TIA

Hover the cursor over the load box at the top of the UI.
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

Untanglit

Default Thank you

I learned something new today. Thank you -

I really doubt the box is rebooting itself. It's much more likely that some event on their network is briefly flooding the box with traffic, and possibly even maxing out the available bandwidth to the internal network adapter.
    Five time Microsoft ASP.Net MVP managing a Lenovo RD330 / E5-2420 / 16GB with Untangle 16.5.2 to protect a 1Gbps fiber link for ~450 residential college students and associated staff and faculty

Untanglit

jcoehoorn, how would you track something like that in Untangle?

Thanks -

Quote Originally Posted by callused View Post
    jcoehoorn, how would you track something like that in Untangle?

Thanks -
    Check the attack blocker logs around the time it happens. Look for the machine with the highest reputation. That should give you a starting point.
    Dan

You may one day find something interesting here. Today is not that day. Tomorrow isn't looking too good either.